Respected Contributor
No. Where would I put that much stuff? I have teenagers and we burn through household supplies.
Respected Contributor

I have a healthy supply of T.P and P.T.

Respected Contributor

I usually have a 6-month supply of toilet paper, paper towels, and tissues.  Keep them in my spare room closet.  If we get snowed in during the winter, I don't have to worry about running short there!!

I usually have one back-up of things like dish soap, my face cream and serum, hair products, toothpaste and floss.  When I open the second one, I know to replenish.  I got caught once without dental floss during a bad weather spell, and learned my lesson!!!

I have limited space, so I can't stockpile everything.  I always make sure I have one unopened carton of almond milk, an extra box of cereal or oatmeal, an extra loaf of bread in the freezer, extra peanut butter and jellly...so in an emergency where I couldn't cook I could still eat!

Esteemed Contributor

Have garage shelves, will buy!

Esteemed Contributor

Only if they're on sale.

I'll qualify that by saying I've done the math in advance.

I know how far a 1ltr of shampoo will last. I use about 1 roll of paper towels per month, how much tp I use per month, how long a tube of toothpaste will last, etc.

Honored Contributor

Re: Bulk buy essentials

[ Edited ]

I do that all the time. Most all of my toiletries, some canned and dry goods like grains and beans. Dog treats and dog food also.

One of my empty spare bedrooms is my warehouse.

Honored Contributor

If I don't have a supply of Bounty paper towels that can handle a small neighborhood flood, I start to twitch.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Yes. I have a large family so I go through those bulk items quickly. I have no room to store 6 months of anything that my family would need. 

I have been told that one should have that amount of necessary items including canned food, water, etc and then rotate through them but again, SPACE is not something I have, sadly.

Respected Contributor

Not only essentials but I take advantage of all the year-end sales to stock up on skin/body care and cosmetics that I know will get used. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Bulk buy essentials

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom 

We do. Was Sam's now we like Costco better. Buying this way is much cheaper for sure. What's the worse that can happen? We both die, otherwise it's a save-save positive. Am I misreading your question here?

hckynut

hckynut(john)