Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I can't believe that people actually come out and tell someone they thought they were *stuck up*!  How rude/crude.  That's probably the last thing I'd let that person say to me.  I mean--who says that?

Over the years numerous people have said that to me because of my shyness and how it came across at one time.  I never found it offensive. They were just being honest in that, before knowing me, I appeared to be stuck up because I didn't talk much.  Who knows!  But I think they were just telling me that because once they got to know me, even just a little bit, they were pleased to see that I was not at all like I may have seemed when I was not being what is probably construed as 'friendly'.  I can see it, and I didn't mind at all when I was told this.  It was like 'oh I know you more now and you're a nice person'.  No biggie.  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

I'm pretty much the same both places.  I enjoy talking to people and am pretty outgoing.  But if someone shows their fanny, I avoid them...both online and in real life.

@alicedee, yes, that would be a big bum-mer for me, too. Smiley Happy

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear May I suggest you contact your local vocational school and ask about a speech class?

Speech classes help a lot of people who feel timid.

Trusted Contributor

Same. Like the one poster said I can only be me. You either like my attitude or you don't. Unless you are a relative or one of my 4 closest friends I do not really care.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: In Person and Online

[ Edited ]

I try to be a logical, positive person online and offline, except as it pertains to my special needs grandson. He is the most docile, lovable child, and if I feel he has been victimized, or neglected in any way, I can be rather acerbic in defense of him.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@alicedee wrote:

I'm pretty much the same both places.  I enjoy talking to people and am pretty outgoing.  But if someone shows their fanny, I avoid them...both online and in real life.

@alicedee, yes, that would be a big bum-mer for me, too. Smiley Happy

I needed a giggle today, @suzyQ3 ...thank you! 🌷

Esteemed Contributor

Similar in some ways but more formal online. In person I laugh a lot, crack jokes and speak openly about topics. My family knows how to tease one another and get silly. Close friends have a great sense of humor. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau