Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

In some ways but others no. I do not talk about controversial things in person with people. I'm very friendly to everyone though and usually try to start a conversation with most people. Some people you can tell just aren't in the mood. 

Basically, yes. The only difference is that here I need to be very careful how I word certain comments. Also, I swear a lot in person. :-)

I swear a lot in person as well but not to strangers lol 

@Lali1, very wise of you. The only time I might swear AT strangers is if I know they can't hear me. :-)

I got caught doing that once. Someone had parked too close to my huge truck making it almost impossible to get my groceries in. I was cussing him up a storm when he suddenly walked up to his car 😄 

Esteemed Contributor

In person or online WYSIWYG.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Basically, yes. The only difference is that here I need to be very careful how I word certain comments. Also, I swear a lot in person. :-)

You?  Smiley Wink   

I'm the same.  I don't even have the energy to try and act like somebody else.   I  speak up even more IRL and on some boards.  I don't do social media because I just don't need the grief.    

I frequent other boards I've been with for many years and I probably speak up more than here because I'm surrounded by ALL grown-ups and trolling is not allowed at normal boards.   There are places where I feel safe.

But I don't do games or bs so I'm the same person, just sometimes I share more than others.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear 

Whatever you see/hear from me online, I am exactly the same in person, except? It is much easier for me to talk than type, and easier for people to "run"!

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

I think I'm the same either way.  

Honored Contributor

NOPE! 

Been "online" since 1995.  I have many cyber husbands.  Thank goodness they all live all over the world.  No chance of them running into each other cyber space.

OuttaHere.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

In some ways but others no. I do not talk about controversial things in person with people. I'm very friendly to everyone though and usually try to start a conversation with most people. Some people you can tell just aren't in the mood. 

I swear a lot in person as well but not to strangers lol 

@Lali1, very wise of you. The only time I might swear AT strangers is if I know they can't hear me. :-)

I got caught doing that once. Someone had parked too close to my huge truck making it almost impossible to get my groceries in. I was cussing him up a storm when he suddenly walked up to his car 😄 

Oh, that could have gone very wrong @Lali1 

When I was kid first driving, some friends and I were out for a spin on a two-way canyon road. I was secretly scared to death, so I guess I was going too slowly for the car behind me. He was on my tail. So what did this kid do? I gave him a particular finger.

He pulled into the other lane and got out of his car to approach my window. I opened it a little, and he gave me advice regarding said finger and my mother. I was so petrified that I could barely keep saying how sorry I was.

I still feel very lucky to have survived my idiocy.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

This is the only place *online* that I *write*.  I don't consider texting someone as an *online* experience.

If someone knew I was on here posting, I'm pretty sure they'd say I was the same person.

I'm more quiet here because I don't want to be banned.  Woman Tongue

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: In Person and Online

[ Edited ]

One in the same....The only difference....I cant do the cute or funny Cat memes when interacting in person....  Cat LOL

download (4).jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

NOPE! 

Been "online" since 1995.  I have many cyber husbands.  Thank goodness they all live all over the world.  No chance of them running into each other cyber space.

OuttaHere.gif

@Mz iMac 

Woman LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”