Respected Contributor

Re: In Memory of Debbie and Carrie...

I'm heartbroken for the family. I can certainly understand how Debbie could die of a broken heart after losing a child! They both had difficult times in their lives. I pray they are at peace. God bless them.

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Esteemed Contributor

@lOVETOSHOP wrote:

Thank you for posting such beautiful pictures...it helps bring a smile in a time of pain!

I was just wondering...I heard that Debbie had suffered a stroke prior to this one...does anyone know when that was? 

I remember in more recent interviews Carrie was concerned about her mother's health- she said she had  become more frail. 

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF - Thank you for posting such beautiful pictures!

I heard on the news a while ago that Debbie's last words were something like she wanted to go be with Carrie.

This happened in our family. My MIL was an only child and was very close to her parents. They lived one town apart. She died of breast cancer shortly after we were married. One month later her dad (DH's grandpa) was gone. There was nothing seriously wrong with him. He just went downhill. I remember the look on his face when we all gathered at the funeral home for visitation for my MIL. When he went up to see her, my heart broke. So I strongly believe it is possible to die from a broken heart. 

(DH's grandma lost her only brother, her only child, and her husband in a period of 3 months. We were worried about her. She lived a long life after that, and died at the age of 94.) 

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF  DH just came home and told me,  I thought he meant Carrie, and was shocked to realize that it was Debbie who died today.  I feel for Carrie's daughter losing her Mom and her Grandmother.

Esteemed Contributor

This is one sadness right after another. Bless their hearts and may they both rest in peace.

I feel so sad for Carrie's daughter, who has now lost her beloved mother and her grandmother in two days.

And Todd, who lost his mother and his sister. Sadness all around.

Hug your loved ones, my friends.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

Heartbreaking news.  I can't imagine losing two wonderful talented people two days apart.  Heaven now has two more angels we will miss.  RIP Carrie and Debbie.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

When Jean Bice died, her daughter died, I think a week later.  They reported of a broken heart. Jean was the founder of Quacker Factory.

Honored Contributor

The first thing my eyes fell on today was about Debbie Reynolds. It's sad to lose her, the memories of all she did to make us smile and be entertained. Death is a final part of life, and I read that her last words were that she wanted to be with Carrie. She had a stroke the article said. It's sad, it is when someone passes.

Honored Contributor

Carrie and Debbie, may you both, rest in peace,

Image result for rest in peace animated candle images

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

MacDuff wrote:

MacDuff...

Thank you for starting this very poignant tribute/memorial to Debbie and Carrie.

My heart goes out to Todd, who within 24 hours lost his sister and his mother and to Billie,who within 24 hours lost her mother and her grandmother.

I can't begin to imagine the intense pain that the both of them are dealing with right now.

--------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=