Respected Contributor

Re: In Memoriam: CardinalGirl

@garmer wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Seems like we heard of Cardinal Girl's passing some time ago.

Yes she passed a year ago.

OP received an unsolicited recommendation for an app that contained the above cardinal pic on the anniversary of her death.

She shared this in remembrance of Cardinal Girl.

Very nice thread, thank you @sidsmom.

I took it that maybe it's a sign from Cardinal Girl.  Lots of stories from ppl saying that on/near an anniversary of someone's death, things they liked or remind them of someone just suddenly appear. 

ALways thought it was coincidence and never thought much about it but 6 months after dad died I was speaking to my sister on phone telling her about something I'd just found of his we thought was lost and one of my touch lamps across the room turned on/off a few times only when we spoke of him.  I thought it had a short but it never did it again.  I tried rationalizing that it probably was just a fluke but admit it did make me go, "hmmm".   

Honored Contributor

I do remember cardinal girl . thanks for sharing.

mysterious happens do happen. I had to fly to my hometown last week. have not been there since 92. I had to attend an event (that is reason why I went back home) and low and behold I ran into my godmother is many years older than I am. She told me when we crossed paths, that she had this feeling she had to attend this meet too because something told her to just do it.  It was so unreal to cross her path. I was flower girl at her wedding I was 7 and she was 25.   

I guess when that feeling hits ya, you have to follow thru with feeling.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm very greatful for this thread, as a year ago, at the time of CardinalGirl's death, I continued to experience huge login issues, so was absent here for months and months.

I fondly remember CardinalGirl from WAY back - early on in the Forums.  She was the epitome of kindness, the best on the Boards, talented, giving, sharing, blessed and, I'm sure, full of grace. 

Now that my brain has been rattled by this thread, I'm recalling her absence and am incredibly sad.  It's only been a year, but I hope her dear family is feeling her presence within their homes in their lives and hearts.

Rest in Peace and God Bless, CardinalGirl.

Trusted Contributor

I loved her Holiday picture of her home----beautiful.

Alwys reade her posts.

Gode bless her.

Jamma

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom

I remember her nic, but I can't remember any specifics about her. Might be that I don't read that many different forums here.

Sounds like she was a talented and well liked person on this bulletin board. I am sorry to hear of her death and my condolences to her family. May she RIP!

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have looked for Cardinal Girl because I adored her pictures of holiday decorating.

I have only returned full time since retiring, and of course, it was difficult putting pieces of people’s posting history back together.

Thank you for posting about her. May this dear person RIP. ❤️

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1

Is that her picture?

So pretty! TY for posting.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for posting.  She is missed.

Honored Contributor

Yes I remember her quite well. We liked to discuss decorating, after posting pics she thought we had very similar tastes. Miss her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Trusted Contributor

I dont visit much anymore, but i came back during the past holidays looking for her posts. I loved her pictures of her home, she was inspirational to me to not get lazy about thinking of my home decor. I had no idea so thanks for posting. My heart and prayers goes to her family.