Valued Contributor

Re: In Case You Need Something Else To Think (worry) About

2 Chronicles 7:14

If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm pretty sure most here are in their 30 year age range. To everyone I say this.

I look around the world and can find more than enough thinks one should/can worry about, and that doesn't even include ones personal life worries. I personally am not one that worries, it robs energy and accomplishes nothing.

So with all the current things "worriers" worry about, why add to that by worrying about things that: could/might/possibly/potentially happen? I don't get this worrying thing in the first place, much less doing so for what/when if's.

Why not just worry about getting hit in the face with a 100mph hard frozen rubber hockey puck, even if you will never be going to a live game? Chances of getting hit or shot by a retail sold drone? More likely the hockey puck.

Hey, if you like wasting your mental energy and brain cells on "long shots"?  Be extra cautious next time you are in z motor vehicle within 3 miles of youf home. That is where the odds are much greater for bad things yo happen to you?

For the chronic worriers!  Worry away.

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

I'm pretty sure most here are in their 30 year age range. To everyone I say this.

I look around the world and can find more than enough thinks one should/can worry about, and that doesn't even include ones personal life worries. I personally am not one that worries, it robs energy and accomplishes nothing.

So with all the current things "worriers" worry about, why add to that by worrying about things that: could/might/possibly/potentially happen? I don't get this worrying thing in the first place, much less doing so for what/when if's.

Why not just worry about getting hit in the face with a 100 mph hard frozen rubber hockey puck, even if you will never be going to a live game? Chances of getting hit or shot by a retail sold drone? More likely the hockey puck.

Hey, if you like wasting your mental energy and brain cells on "long shots"?  Be extra cautious next time you are in z motor vehicle within 3 miles of youf home. That is where the odds are much greater for bad things yo happen to you?

For the chronic worriers!  Worry away.

I find it hard to believe that the majority of the posters on this board are in their 30 year age range, as you stated.  I am not worried about this per se but do see a concern with drones getting in the way of water drops for fires.  That is very critical to me.

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@hckynutjohn wrote:

vickiv,

Just like a motor vehicle, it isn't the vehicle that is dangerous, it is the human operating it. You have heard this many times I am sure, and as we saw recently. Inanimate objects do not do harm to innocent people, that is done by other humans.

Inanimate objects in the hands of one who is mentally or emotionally unstable do hurt people.  Therein exist many problems.

The biggest being the 'person'. Let's deal with the people more, and the inanimate objects less.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Nothing surprises me as long as this country refuses to address gun control.  It's insanity.

Thinking that anyone, especially the government will 'control' guns is the insanity. The bad guys will always have them. "Gun Control" in the fashion most people mean it, will only deprive citizens of their Constitutional rights, and endanger even more people. 

Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@LucyGoose wrote:

What are we talking about? Gun control laws?

Some people just can't help themselves and will turn any subject into a political argument.

Well, the topic is bound to bring it up. Drones flying with guns attached, and you have a topic ripe for the discussion of control. Control guns, control drones, control people, control the technology? What is the answer? What ever it is, it won't work totally.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@Marp wrote:

@LucyGoose wrote:

What are we talking about? Gun control laws?

Some people just can't help themselves and will turn any subject into a political argument.

Well, the topic is bound to bring it up. Drones flying with guns attached, and you have a topic ripe for the discussion of control. Control guns, control drones, control people, control the technology? What is the answer? What ever it is, it won't work totally.

Rediscovering the benefits of using common sense; looking beyond point A to B and extending one's outlook to C, D and beyond to see what ripple effects will occur by an action or inaction; realizing that just because something can be done does not mean it should be done.  Any/all would be a good place to start.

PS:  It is not a question of gun control it is a question of drone control and common sense.  This young man could have rigged the drone with an explosive, acid bomb or some other kind of weaponization.  He just happened to choose a gun.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

Marp.

Aha!  Now I got ya!  The ole "could'a/would'a/should'a". Isn't that one of the favorites for the "after the fact" group?

Maybe if they joined forces with the: " might/potentially/possibly!

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry John but I don't understand how looking before you leap and thinking things through before you act has anything to do with "could'a/would'a/should'a".  IMO "could'a/would'a/should'a" is a response to failure.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

Marp,

Simplification. You say: " He COULD HAVE" added an explosive/bomb etc.  Sounds like a " could'a" to me!  

hckynut(john)