Respected Contributor

Re: In Case You Need Something Else To Think (worry) About

I'm not surprised and that's just the tip of  the iceberg.  People will use drones for illegal things that we cannot even envision.....

Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

The Federal Aviation Administration is investigating a video showing a handgun being fired from a drone in Connecticut.

The video – posted to YouTube July 10 and titled “Flying Gun” – shows a quadrotor drone with a semi-automatic handgun mounted and firing remotely in the woods.

The video was reportedly recorded by 18-year-old Austin Haughwout of Clinton, Connecticut, who told ABC News he is pursuing a degree in mechanical engineering, and that the drone represents "one of my many engineering related activities."

More + Video:  http://abcnews.go.com/US/gun-firing-drone-subject-federal-investigation/story?id=32585072

Oh that's nice.  Happy to hear that.  Along with cars that can hijack a moving car right off the highway just by driving behind them and taking over the controls.   

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

It won't be a pretty sight when drones cause accidents on major freeways.  Sorry, but we just can't depend on people/teens/kids to fly those drones in a proper and safe manner. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Everything feels like it's just out of control these days.  I think technology has gotten way ahead of our common sense.  Things are invented before there is any thought as to how to control it all.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, Lilac:  Without common sense, we have nothing.  Nothing dependable, nothing secure, nothing safe.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

I just got a GREAT IDEA!  Since inanimate objects in possesion of mentally disturbed people, and vehicles kill so many people every year! Time for a new regulation and I've got it.

Let's call for a regulation that drivers licences cannot be issued without a background check just like the one I had to pass to get my State  Conceal Carry Permit. And this would have be renewed every single year.

Anyone that was at fault for an injury to another via 2 or more 

vehicles colliding?  They flunk the test and come back in a year and see how they got around without a valid license.

Of course a pyche test would also need to be passed to make sure they again sre "mentally stable", after injuring someone, to once again be considered " mentally stable" enough to pass the psyche test. Can't just turn a 2000+ lb. steel moveable potential weapon over to someone "mentally unstable" now can we?

And drones "can/might/a slight chance" be used as a weapon?  And there is no "might/slight chance" when it comes to motor vehicles. They have proven for close to 100 years now, to both injure and kill innocent people.

When my Representatives come from DC soon, I will see If they will write a bill, "the hckynut bill" and get all these inanimate moving weapons out of the hands of those deemed "unstable mentally" to have a drivers license.

We already have the DMV so no need for any "new departments", and they would hand out the same forms I filled out to get a State CCW Permit, which by the by, took over 6 weeks to get. Gotta do the finger prints and picture ID also. And then comes the $200 fee.

Sound great?  Sure does to me. More likely to get killed by a motor vehicle in the hands of a "mentally unstable person", than by a similar person shooting you with a gun mounted drone.

MIght see what your State Representatives think of my "hckynut bill", probably save more lives than a bill for "a regulation for gun armed drones"!!

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Nothing surprises me as long as this country refuses to address gun control.  It's insanity.

Esteemed Contributor

ValuSkr,

Address gun control?  Exactly what kind of control law would you write to keep the criminals from getting their guns? Last time i looked, there were several gun control laws on the books. For some strange reason these danged criminals aren't following them.

So lets see!  Write more laws to control guns, the kind that criminals will obey? Sounds simple enough to me but? 

How again were you going to convince the ciminals to obey these many gun control laws?

Once again I will re-visit motor vehicle laws that are on the books. Let's see: Speed limit laws? Yep, plenty of them. Of course every driver obeys them! Check! Stop sign law? Check, no driver coasts through them(only the mentally unstable ones), Check!

Driving while under the influence. Check! Only the (mentally unstable) guilty of that! Check. Operating a motor vehicle without a valid permit! Check, only the (mentally unstable) would think of doing that. Now I've given you a "Primer", can you add some of own here that only the "mentally unstable" are guilty of breaking?  It's all yours!  GOOOO!

Be sure now to get them criminals to hand you their illegal guns, and if they decline? Tell them there is "Another Gun Control Law Being Written" as you speak. That'll get 'em every time, right?

hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

What are we talking about? Gun control laws?

Esteemed Contributor

@LucyGoose wrote:

What are we talking about? Gun control laws?

Some people just can't help themselves and will turn any subject into a political argument.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.