Honored Contributor

Re: In Case You Need Something Else To Think (worry) About

Seems to me.........it was/is up to our gov. to put restrictions on drones, before they are 'out of hand'.  Operating certificates stating rules and regulations.  Maybe even classes.  Sorry, but they could be dangerous if/when just about anyone at any age can operate them without any type of rules and regulations. Can you imagine..........?

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

As I've said, many times before, we'll all have to wear helmets in no time at all..............And never mind about driving along on a freeway, drones flying all around us.............(unhappy face right now).  Smiley Sad

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

This is why we can't have nice things. 

Esteemed Contributor

ROMARY 1,

Please, does every single thing have to be contolled or regulated? Isn't it possible that responsible people do not need a big brother looking over their shoulder for everything we do?

They cannot even keep up now with all the do's and don'ts, and we need more? There are a lot of things I can think of where limited resources can be better spent than on drone issues(the toy kind). 

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

Reasonable, thinking, thoughtful people are not the problem.  Most laws and rules would be unnecessary if everyone were reasonable, thinking and thoughtful.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

Okay, since I watch old episodes every Sunday morning, I thought this said Flying Nun.

I reread the post and am disturbed that a person can rig a drone with a gun. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Okay, since I watch old episodes every Sunday morning, I thought this said Flying Nun.

I reread the post and am disturbed that a person can rig a drone with a gun. 

Not just a person, an 18-year-old person.  If he can do it I would imagine that many can do it.  Now that this has been publicized I expect to see more reports of armed civilian drones.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

Marp, that gives a whole new perspective on these things.  You wonder if some immature person or perv will peep into windows and try to catch you in a compromising position.  Now they could knock you off and fly away.

Not good.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

vickiv,

Just like a motor vehicle, it isn't the vehicle that is dangerous, it is the human operating it. You have heard this many times I am sure, and as we saw recently. Inanimate objects do not do harm to innocent people, that is done by other humans.

Inanimate objects in the hands of one who is mentally or emotionally unstable do hurt people.  Therein exist many problems.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes!  People are the problem!  That IS the problem. If and when the people themselves cannot regulate themselves (which would be nice if they could/would), then laws and/or regulations end up being put in place.  Same for the Wild Wild West.  Out of chaos came rules and regulations for the protection and safety of citizens.  Without driving rules and regulations, how could we survive being a pedestrian and/or driver?  Sounds very nice and civil, thinking that all of the people and children who fly drones will actually be careful and not cause harm.  But, the drones recently severely/dangerously interfering with the firefighters and the helicopters and fire-fighting airplanes............Makes me think twice about just letting anyone fly those drones without proper instruction and rules.   Sorry.  JMO