Esteemed Contributor

In Case You Need Something Else To Think (worry) About

The Federal Aviation Administration is investigating a video showing a handgun being fired from a drone in Connecticut.

The video – posted to YouTube July 10 and titled “Flying Gun” – shows a quadrotor drone with a semi-automatic handgun mounted and firing remotely in the woods.

The video was reportedly recorded by 18-year-old Austin Haughwout of Clinton, Connecticut, who told ABC News he is pursuing a degree in mechanical engineering, and that the drone represents "one of my many engineering related activities."

More + Video:  http://abcnews.go.com/US/gun-firing-drone-subject-federal-investigation/story?id=32585072

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

Re: In Case You Need Something Else To Think (worry) About

Wow!  What a technological advancement that is!

Really scary.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Valued Contributor

This drone business is getting out of hand. 

Did you see that the aircraft fighting the fire on the freeway in southern California had to leave because drones were  in their way? Terrible. It really hindered their fire fighting.

I don't know what the answer is but something needs to be done to regulate them.

I say this even though my son is a hardware/software engineer who works on drones for the government.

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Honored Contributor

Right now I have plenty.  Will have to worry about this next week, or maybe even next month.

Appreciate the offer though.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Yes, five drones  interfered with firefighters.  It was something like half an hour before the firefighters could get started, all because of the drones.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Esteemed Contributor

Oh my goodness!  Something like this was bound to happen.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

Our local, state, and federal government leaders had better get on the ball to deal with this before a tragedy happens. It is a fact that nincompoops who have no empathy are out there doing stupid and evil things. The penalties must be severe.
Esteemed Contributor

No surprise here. Military drones have been hitting specific targets for some time now. To me it is just another one of the many technlogical things, like the internet, that can be used for good, or used for bad things.

This is our new world and there is no going back, not that I know of anyways.

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

Wait until Christmas they will be selling like crazy. People don't realize they are dangerous.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

vickiv,

Just like a motor vehicle, it isn't the vehicle that is dangerous, it is the human operating it. You have heard this many times I am sure, and as we saw recently. Inanimate objects do not do harm to innocent people, that is done by other humans.

hckynut(john)