Respected Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

How many times do you just click and ship or call and order just because?

There's also clicking and calling then cancelling, how much of that do you do?

Of course, Q related.

I never impulse buy.  Thank goodness for wish lists.  I'll put an item there, think about it and decide whether I really need it or not.

Respected Contributor

No and especially on shopping channels - Would bother me to spend all that money on return postage.

Esteemed Contributor

I've been shopping from the Q for 22 yrs. I'm always changing channels - since other programming has endless commercials, previews of other shows, weather every 15 minutes or too violent. While changing channels last night, I saw the L'Occitane 3 piece set: large almond shower gel, a small travel size almond oil and large hand cream for $40 - and free shipping. WOW!!!! Couldn't pass that up. Today it went up $4. + $3 shipping. I love L'Occitane products. I'm not an impulsive shopper - but I wouldn't be buying as much if I didn't see the show.

Today I'm wearing Clarks Medora Gemma shoes in black (I have all 5 colors) ----- Denim & Co. long sleeve t-shirt in antique rose (I bought 4 colors); Lisa Rinna Crepe Pants, black. I also have the indigo. All purchased from the Q -- and LOVE everything!!!!

My shopping days are over --- so I'd be walking around naked if it weren't for the Q.

Valued Contributor

I have a rule: No impulse buying. Ever. If I see something I like, whether it's in a store or on the Internet, I wait at least 48 hours before buying it. If it's on the Internet I bookmark it or use the Amazon shopping-list feature. And you know what, after 48 hours the urge has usually passed, and often I've completely forgotten about the item(s) I bookmarked.

With Q I never, ever buy anything anymore until lots of reviews have been posted. In the past their quality was so good one didn't need to do that. But nowadays quality of the items varies so much it's better to wait, even if one will end up paying a few bucks more for the item.

In the past I had too much clothing I bought impulsively from Q or TJMaxx that I rarely if ever wore and ended up donating. I decided that had to stop.

Honored Contributor

I have never been an impulse buyer at stores.  If  I think I want an item and the store is fairly close to me, I leave and think about it overnight.  I rarely go back for the item as I decide I really don't want it.  Now, I usually do this if an item is more than $20.  Anything less is not such a big deal.

Now, on QVC and some other shopping channels I do tend to be more of an impulse shopper.  If it's a new item I'm afraid it will sell out  so I buy in a hurry.  Then, when I've had  time to think about it a lot of times I will cancel the order.  I need to think about it before I order and I am getting better.  But, I have a way to go not to do online impulse ordering.

Respected Contributor

Almost never for me. I think about each purchase. 

Honored Contributor

I no longer do that in any aspect of shopping in my life. There was a time where I was an impulse shopper, but now I think about it, and wait a few days, and if in a few days I still really want it and justify buying it, I will. A lot of times I don't though. I think about my purchases. Even when out shopping with my sister in law who is an enabler and she is also an impulsive shopper who buys way too much, anyway she gets so mad when she can't talk me into getting something that I said I would think about......I want to retire one day, and it won't happen if I keep shopping like crazy!!!!!!   lol!!!!!!

Frequent Contributor

If I buy from the Q now it is using the website.  Sitting and watching bores me to tears now.  Back when Kathy Levine was on I enjoyed watching.  I also watched more when my kids were infants and much younger. 

I try to weigh needs and wants.  Three is very little I need from the Q,   I am trying to buy less overall.  Working on streamllining and getting rid of things so I don't want to add.  

Esteemed Contributor

Agree w/ Sterling. Weigh needs/wants. So much better at this than I used to. Helps that socializing with girlfriends at the mall isn't the thing anymore -- like I did when my kids were young or just looking for escape on cold, winter days. I truly love being frugal now. Quality, but frugal.   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau