Honored Contributor

In the past, I've impulse bought.  It's rare I do today.

Honored Contributor

Part of the problem with QVC is that they do their best to create an "urgency to buy".    If I feel "compelled to do something", I either write down the item number on a pad and come back to it later, or just put the item in my Shopping Cart "save for later" section.    

Or put it in the Wish List section ....  and wait to see if it calls to you, lol.

I can't tell you how many times I've looked at something I "saved to shopping cart" the next day and am SO glad I didn't buy it.   The "sense of urgency" had come ... and gone.    

Respected Contributor
Never been an impulse buyer. Lol, I'd rather keep my money. I think QVC, hopes for their customers to be impulse buyers. I still prefer going to the mall and looking things over, trying things on and knowing the quality and what I'm buying before spending my money.

Honored Contributor

I never just order and cancel an order.  I know what I want BEFORE I start to shop.  I am not impulsive or indecisive as a shopper.  I do my homework before I purchase and think about it for a while.  I USE TO BE more impulsive as a shopper when younger, but, I learned my lessons and now I am more careful in making shopping decisions.

Honored Contributor

The first way I cured the problem was by hardly ever watching QVC. Don't see it, can't purchase it. 

Recognizing they're only concern is getting the product from their warehouse to my door is another turn off. No matter how convincing the presentation, the vendor does not care if my skin is clearer or brighter, my night's sleep more comfortable, floors easier to vacuum or cosmetics take 10 yrs. off my age. They want to sell and make money.

Bordom: The products, when I watched more often, were repeated so often during the day...TSV several times an hour besides the same choice of shows.

I never felt an impulse to buy anything Q offered. If any other retail store or online, I used self control. Hoping to downsize in the near future, I really don't need anymore "stuff"....I keep telling myself that.

Esteemed Contributor

I said in another post that I haven't  bought anything from QVC In 3 years. But last week I saw a Dooney bag I liked and ordered it. Then I called about a hour later and cancelled because frankly $12.00 shipping was ridiculous. I did buy another bag I liked better on the Dooney site with free shipping and it arrived in 4 days.  It will probably be another 3 years before I buy anything. There just isn't that much I like that I can't get elsewhere on sale and/or with free shipping. 

Honored Contributor

Never.   I buy only for needs, or specific purpose.   

Respected Contributor

There used to be a sense of urgency to buy from QVC.  Now, not so much.  I rarely buy on impulse. 

I think part of that is because there are so many places to shop from now.  I can get anything from anywhere...

Honored Contributor

I've never been an impulse buyer .... (the honest truth)

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

When I go to a hardware store, I have to admit, some of that stuff they have at the counter when I'm checking out are very appealing to me.  So I do some impulse buying.  But those crafty stores keep those items at a low price.