Honored Contributor

Impressed with Amazon-eclipse glasses

[ Edited ]

I bought a 10 pack of eclipse glasses from Amazon just before NASA came out with their approved list of glasses. I picked the "most popular" choice that Amazon had.  They arrived quickly. 

Then the NASA list came out and I looked at my glasses and just really couldn't tell if they were approved or not. The ISO was correct, but I couldn't tell who the manufacturer was. I didn't return them. I just threw them away because I was skittish about them and if I had returned them, since they weren't defective, I would have been responsible for the return postage. It just wasn't worth it. 

Anyway....this morning I received an email from Amazon regarding the glasses. They said that they haven't been able to verify from their source that they're NASA approved and advised me not to use them and that they'd already credited my account for the full purchase price. 

I have never, ever been disappointed from the service I receive from Amazon and today was no exception. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Re: Impressed with Amazon-eclipse glasses

Amazon is the best CS out there.  Fast service and they stand behind their products

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

They are great, i just can't find 1 pair of glasses, it is just myself.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Can't find any eclipse glasses around my neck of the woods. They are all sold out. I'm in Colorado where it will be 89% eclipsed. There will be some 500,000 people heading north of me on the interstate during the next days to follow before the event. No wonder the glasses are sold out here in the stores!

Wyoming (north) is swamped with people ready to view the total eclipse.

Honored Contributor

We got our glasses at Lowe's, as soon as I heard they had them. 

I live just north of Atlanta.  I believe we're expecting around 98% coverage here.  BUT.....meteorologists on two local stations here are saying it looks like tons of clouds and rain here that day.   Of course. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh, that is pretty much what our weather people are saying too.  I'm pinning my hopes on their recent high error rate.

I'm in NC in an area that will have totality.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

They are great, i just can't find 1 pair of glasses, it is just myself.

@goldensrbest Our local library is giving them away...you might try someplace like that.

Honored Contributor

It sounds like you're not really impressed with the Amazon eclipse glasses but with Amazon's customer service.  I thought this was going to be a post saying that Amazon's eclipse glasses were ISO approved.  I was afraid to order them even though I could see the correct ISO number in the pictures.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because they link to other retailers.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I bought a 10 pack of eclipse glasses from Amazon just before NASA came out with their approved list of glasses. I picked the "most popular" choice that Amazon had.  They arrived quickly. 

Then the NASA list came out and I looked at my glasses and just really couldn't tell if they were approved or not. The ISO was correct, but I couldn't tell who the manufacturer was. I didn't return them. I just threw them away because I was skittish about them and if I had returned them, since they weren't defective, I would have been responsible for the return postage. It just wasn't worth it. 

Anyway....this morning I received an email from Amazon regarding the glasses. They said that they haven't been able to verify from their source that they're NASA approved and advised me not to use them and that they'd already credited my account for the full purchase price. 

I have never, ever been disappointed from the service I receive from Amazon and today was no exception. 

@Marp  Did Amazon pull them from their website? 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh