Contributor

I really like the Q.  That said "i'm trying to buy items made in the United States.  Lately I've been reading about almost everything is imported from China.  Would you be kind enough to place the country of origin on your item page instead of imported.  Our Country is going through so much sadness and discord.  Please try to buy USA made products.  Ive been with you for decades and have purchased computers, matresses, clothes, shoes, makeup, hair products, sheets, towels, food, books holiday items, Electroics, jewelry and handbags.  i want to do my part for America.  I'm not political just a mom and grandmother asking you to speak to all of your venders and maybe we can get a few of them to pay American Workers to get our Country up and running again. =^.^=

Respected Contributor

@Kitt2 

YES YES and YES.

I also concentrate on buying American made vehicles, and large home appliances.

I support the USA and try whenever possible to put my money into OUR bank account.

I see no reason I should contribute to padding any other pockets than our own.

I'm hoping to learn more about where goods are sourced, so I can make informed decisions as well.

Not political for me  either, - I'm trying to be practical, that's all. 

Respected Contributor

I think it's complicated. Components for products may be sourced elsewhere and assembled here or vice versa, and origins can change after the purchase commitment is made. Not that I'm against disclosure, but it could be misleading. And buying U.S.-made is no assurance that either the workers or the company are U.S. or the money enriches this country beyond what goes to QVC. Which is owned by Quarate, which at least is headquartered in the U.S.

Esteemed Contributor

What would the reason to mention a specific a country?  If one wishes to buy only items labeled USA, just do it.  There are brands out there.

Honored Contributor

Re: Imported from where?

[ Edited ]

There suddenly seems to be a strange prejudice against Chinese-made goods.  So why would QVC want to advertise the fact that an item is made there?  There are limited facilities for manufacturing in the US and no workforce willing or able to do that kind of work so there's no choice but to sell many imported items. 

If you're unwilling to buy Asian-made goods, I hope you don't need a new TV, cell phone, computer or kitchen appliance.  You'll also have a very limited wardrobe.

Also, don't forget that China buys many products made or grown in the USA.  I wonder if they're running around proposing not to buy American-made?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

I just love shoppig but lately i'm so disappointed almost frustrated looking at labels and that "Aaa  Haa Moment" has finally  hit. Questions are surrounding my buying habits and I would like to know why it's so hidden in plain site where the country of origin is on the product we are buying.  Surely some of the Q Venders should be working on getting their products back to the good old USA.  I know it's not going to happen overnight but it could be a goal for the Q.  I looked for a coffee pot a few days ago and there aren't any that I could find that came from the USA.  So sad.  I do know that Ace Hardware has a few USA products in their store and they are nicely made.  Maybe we could put reccomendations here each day of maybe one thing that each of us have found that's made in the USA.  We need to Stand behind our Country.  It's a beautiful place to iive and work.  

Trusted Contributor

Kachina624 has said it better in her post, probably 90 per cent in our household are made overseas/China, so get over it lady, wake up and smell the roses Kitt2!

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

There suddenly seems to be a strange prejudice against Chinese-made goods.  So why would QVC want to advertise the fact that an item is made there?  There are limited facilities for manufacturing in the US and no workforce willing or able to do that kind of work so there's no choice but to sell many imported items. 

If you're unwilling to buy Asian-made goods, I hope you don't need a new TV, cell phone, computer or kitchen appliance.  You'll also have a very limited wardrobe.

Also, don't forget that China buys many products made or grown in the USA.  I wonder if they're running around proposing not to buy American-made?

The OP did not mention China, but you can expect anti-China sentiment to increase if the story that sloppy labwork in China when working with bat coronavirus last year has led to the current situation gains traction and credibility. It would be nice to be able to present them a bill for our costs, negating a lot of our debt.

Honored Contributor

@noodleann    From what I've read, that is an unfounded, unproven rumor possibly politically motivated.  Nobody knows the origin of the virus.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

We gave away our manufacturing to other countries for the cheaper costs, so both our factories & our workers became obsolete.  Those were jobs for people without a higher education but with skills.  It would take a long time to retool now, & we’ve gotten used to the lower prices.