Respected Contributor

Re: Important Warning about Instacart you should read.

I have been using instacart since March and never had a problem. I find the shoppers to be excellent. Guess I'm lucky. 

Trusted Contributor

I had multiple problems with Instacart and had to engage their CS to an extent where I felt I was making dealing with them too much of a chore.  They always rectified the issue and gave me credits for the "next order."  Then new problems arose...

Here in Phx, a new service called "Anycart.com" started to compete with other delivery services. 

It's completely FREE OF CHARGE for deliveries and ALL products are priced exactly as they are in the store.  Their delivery people are much more professional than other services I've used and I'm completely satisfied with their service.

Only problem is that it's a new service so, at this point, they're only contracted to serve Safeway and Whole Foods.  I'm a regular Safeway shopper so I stick with them. 

There are other "wrinkles" but not significant enough for me to not give them a chance to correct them.  I'm always getting queries regarding customer feedback and if I have a question there's always a CS agent to chat to (live) who answers my question within 10 seconds. 

They make their money from some type of arrangement with the supermarket that pays them to direct business their way.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D  ..... THANKS for the “heads up” 😉

Honored Contributor

I have been using Instacart since February for a local market (not a big chain) and Costco.  I have had no problems with Costco and only a few problems with the local market but they were things like I got an extra sack of groceries a couple of times that was not my order (I was not charged for it).  Once in a while I will be missing an item but I just email and they credit it.  I just wish Trader Joe's used them.  

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I have been using Instacart since February for a local market (not a big chain) and Costco.  I have had no problems with Costco and only a few problems with the local market but they were things like I got an extra sack of groceries a couple of times that was not my order (I was not charged for it).  Once in a while I will be missing an item but I just email and they credit it.  I just wish Trader Joe's used them.  

@DiAnne, that would be a dream come true for me. Luckily, my daughter or son-in-law goes there on Sundays and will deliver to me.

I've heard that T.J.s tried delivery but found it was not cost-effective for them.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Maybe if the OP had used the Instacart App or Instacart's own website she wouldn't have had any problems. I've been an Instacart customer for 3 years now, and never had a problem using the Instacart App or Instacart's own website....... I think this was more of a case of "user error" using the grocery store's website then in a round about way connecting to Instacart.....  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I only shop thourgh the Instacart app. then select my store.  I never had this problem.  I'm very satisfied with them.

Trusted Contributor

@songbird wrote:

I only shop thourgh the Instacart app. then select my store.  I never had this problem.  I'm very satisfied with them.

same here ....I had one issue and it was resolved quickly, it was the shopper....I have been using insta cart for almost a year and no problems....it is great service for me

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

Maybe if the OP had used the Instacart App or Instacart's own website she wouldn't have had any problems. I've been an Instacart customer for 3 years now, and never had a problem using the Instacart App or Instacart's own website....... I think this was more of a case of "user error" using the grocery store's website then in a round about way connecting to Instacart.....  

@Spurt @It's not user error. I had the Instacart company representative on the phone with me and he could see it happening. The company was. Aware of the issue and it was sitewide for Publix  Instacart  at least for my area. 

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@songbird @I had never had this problem before either.