Honored Contributor

Re: Imagine: John Lennon Killed 40 Yrs Ago Today

Ringo has a message on social media urging all radio stations to play Strawberry Fields today. Posted with it is a throwback photo of him and John that looks like it was taken circa 1980. Ringo was vacationing in the Bahamas on this date in 1980 and after he heard the news he flew back to NYC to console Yoko. Ringo seems to be a really nice guy.

Trusted Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@LOVEMYFURBABY wrote:

I  could care less about  John  Lennon  who was an atheist  and said that they are more popular than  God.     He was a drug adict and was a poor role model  for young pepole (sp).  I do not condone murder.

Instead of acknowledging that you misspelled 'people', by saying, "pepole (sp)", maybe try using the spellcheck feature provided above.

That goes for spelling addict as 'adict, as well.

What an awful thing to say.  How do you know what type of person he was?  Poor role model for young people?  You do not know much about him.  He did not have an easy childhood. Lost his Mum when he was very young and lived with his Aunt.  What a mean comment.

Honored Contributor

I cannot believe it was 40 years ago.  It was one of those things where you always remember where you were when you heard.  My friend I were driving in her car to an afternoon college class when we heard it on the radio.  The class was usually pretty lively but that day, no one was participating.  No, joking around.  

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2  Unfortunately, some people you work with, famous or not, choose to behave badly to workers they rely on  - must make them feel 'superior' I guess.  Nothing to do with their personal lives purely from working together aspect.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@dulwich 

George's son, Dhani, looks so much like a young George to me.

Hoping he is a kind and gentle as George always seemed.

I was just in love with them all...saw them in St. Louis in 1963 standing in a hot summer rain. 

We were all so young!

@Witchy Woman  @dulwich  I saw Dhani open for Jeff Lynne last year- a different music style than his Dad but what a talented musician in his own right! Jeff had Dhani join him on stage for a Traveling Wilbuy's number. Wonderful! Woman Very Happy I would have liked an entire set of Wilbury's tunes! Woman Happy

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

My Furry Friend Sadie: Perhaps your time would be better spent taking basic spelling classes instead of posting on a shopping channel forum.

Just a thought.