Trusted Contributor

Re: Illinois to close all bars and restaurants beginning tomorrow

@Laura14 wrote:

@deepwaterdotter I was thinking the same for Iowa.  🤣

@Laura14  I'm from Iowa and don't understand your comment.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Misplaced Parisian When I stepped off the plane at Cedar Rapids, I stepped into a bar. Drove up to Dubuque and it's obviously Irish and German heritage.  There is no dearth of pubs and they have their own brewery.  

It's not a slam.  I love Iowa; so much I will probably live there one day.  Nice people and they know how to have a great time.  As an Italian who grew up with a vat of wine on the table and whiskey as teething medicine, I approve!

Trusted Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@Misplaced Parisian When I stepped off the plane at Cedar Rapids, I stepped into a bar. Drove up to Dubuque and it's obviously Irish and German heritage.  There is no dearth of pubs and they have their own brewery.  

It's not a slam.  I love Iowa; so much I will probably live there one day.  Nice people and they know how to have a great time.  As an Italian who grew up with a vat of wine on the table and whiskey as teething medicine, I approve!

@Laura14  I was very curious about your comment.  Thank you for explaining.  I love hearing how people experience, view my state.  I didn't think you were from Iowa, but then I wasn't certain.  Thanks again for indulging my curiosity.  Smile.

Trusted Contributor

@Jamstan wrote:

@bikerbabe wrote:
Wish I could say what I really think - that there should be a clear consistent Federal directive, not a piecemeal approach by local and state governments. Causes confusion and more stress.

Completely agree with you.  I disagree with the Governor of my state on most things but I have to give him credit...he is doing a great job right now. He basically said this in his presser today and was extending an olive branch to someone who can help out even though he doesn't get along with that person and both have gone at each other in the past. 

VP said in the press conference a few minutes ago that he had received a call from Gov. Pritzker.  I have never seen such a pro-active governor in this state before.  By golly, he means business. 

Honored Contributor

@Misplaced Parisian I've only been to Eastern Iowa and fell in love.  And I've been to over half the country and lived in several states.  👍🏻 From me.  

Trusted Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@Misplaced Parisian I've only been to Eastern Iowa and fell in love.  And I've been to over half the country and lived in several states.  👍🏻 From me.  

@Laura14  You are wondeful.  I was born/raised in Eastern Iowa.  I now reside smack dab in the middle of the state.  I work with people across the globe and am always curious their views.  You are so kind to share with me.  Thank you!

Respected Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

And we start seeing runs on liquor stores in 3...2..1...

Does this mean I'll have to Facetime (or whatever it's called) so I won't have to drink alone??   Woman LOL

Denise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@denisemb I think that's a fantastic idea.  You stream, I'll start the song.  99 bottles of beer on the wall,  99 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 98 bottles of beer on the wall!  Chicago take it away! 😂😂🍺

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bikerbabe wrote:
Wish I could say what I really think - that there should be a clear consistent Federal directive, not a piecemeal approach by local and state governments. Causes confusion and more stress.

@bikerbabe 

I’m in the “let’s stop playing games...” camp.

Shut it down. Shut it ALL down. Everywhere. Until further notice. Stay home. With very few exceptions such as medical. Police it. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Laura14 

Hey, the way it's going, I betcha we'd have enough people in no time to finish the song without anyone repeating a verse, LOL

(i gotta laugh or I'd cry.) Woman Wink

Denise