Trusted Contributor

Illinois to close all bars and restaurants beginning tomorrow

Just heard on CNN.  I can't even find a link to an official announcement yet.  Pretty sure the governor is also imposing a curfew.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Illinois to close all bars and restaurants beginning tomorrow

Restaurants were packed last Friday night.  The governor specifically said that he was hoping that people would take the advice and stay in after he announced he was closing all public schools until the end of the month.  Unfortunately that did not happen, so he is closing bars and restaurants now.  I think he said a curfew would also be between 10 pm and 5 am.

Honored Contributor

not completely closed.......they will still be able to provide carry out orders and delivery orders.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Wish I could say what I really think - that there should be a clear consistent Federal directive, not a piecemeal approach by local and state governments. Causes confusion and more stress.
Honored Contributor

And we start seeing runs on liquor stores in 3...2..1...

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

Ohio's governor just made the announcement that all bars and restaurants would be closing for inside dining. Drive thru only. Also, he said he may close schools for the rest of the year.

Honored Contributor

But at least without a clear federal directive, the states governors and mayors are stepping up and doing what needs to be done to keep everyone safe!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

If the governor closes the bars in Wisconsin, I will know that 'he** has frozen over'.

Super Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
Wish I could say what I really think - that there should be a clear consistent Federal directive, not a piecemeal approach by local and state governments. Causes confusion and more stress.

Completely agree with you.  I disagree with the Governor of my state on most things but I have to give him credit...he is doing a great job right now. He basically said this in his presser today and was extending an olive branch to someone who can help out even though he doesn't get along with that person and both have gone at each other in the past. 

I am not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.
Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter I was thinking the same for Iowa.  🤣