Honored Contributor

Re: Illinois Shelter in Place

I live in IL also and have been expecting this announcement for a couple of days.  The hospitals are full and ICU units at capacity all over.  Let's lockdown and hope we can get this under control.  Time for extra prayers for all.

Valued Contributor

Northern Illinois here and it already looks desolate around my area.

Trusted Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

@Witchy Woman 

I am in central Illinois, born and raised here.  My great grandfather came here directly from Germany in the 1860's.

Mr. 4 kitties and I have been staying in for about a week now.  Thankful I keep a pantry with enough to get us through!

Just wanted to say hi @4kitties , I am also in central IL! 😊

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

My oldest daughter, my sister and 2 nieces are nurses.  3 of them in a major medical center here.  The other as director of nursing for a nursing home.

They are on the front lines, so to speak.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

@BExplorer 

Hi there neighbor!👋

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@4kitties 

God bless and protect your health care family.

My sis is a nurse in a critical care heart unit in Newark, NJ. I talked to her last week, before all this started, but have not been able to touch base with her.

She is older and has asthma...I worry about her and hope she is not working.

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman 

Thank you!  Our wonderful health care workers and I cannot forget to mention our first responders.  My daughter's brother in law and my niece's husband are fire fighter/paramedics.  My close friend's son is a police officer.  

Hope your sister stays healthy through this thing.  

Valued Contributor

@akaburtonfan wrote:

@4kitties wrote:

But even if everyone were tested, and the ones that were negative got it later, would universal testing help?  I have been watching the press conferences but have never heard this mentioned.  

There was an interesting report on a place in Italy where they tested everyone in the town. They isolated those that came back positive. They then tested again a bit later and those that came back positive were also isolated. By doing this they were able to stop the spread. i think the town had a population of around 3300.Google Vo, Italy testing. 

Not sure it’s feasible to do on a larger scale. 

If our government took pro active measures like SOuth Korea, who was testing 100,000 citizens a day, we would be almost over this.

Ours refused the offer from the WHO for tests. Ours would rather ignore the threat rather than be proactive and get ahead of this nighmare