Honored Contributor

Re: If you would create a product line to sell on QVC, what would it be?

@sidsmom wrote:

I realized QVC tried this at one point many years ago but

I’m really surprised Men’s Wear didn’t make it w/ televised shopping. 

I would think the person who would not want to venture out into

the crazy retail world would appreciate at-home shopping...gentlemen.

Any ideas why it didn’t work out? 

🤔

@sidsmom  IMO, men don’t like to shop, in general. I have to drag DH to the mall kicking & screaming to purchase new slacks, shirts, shoes, etc. He’d certainly never sit for hours & choose these items from TV. I also believe many women shop for the men in their lives....matching ties to jackets, etc. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Another line of makeup and skin care.  Yes, don't we just need another one?  There are so many already!  But one that tackles the issues of mature skin only would be nice.  This line would be very moderately priced, yet have a lot of the bells and whistles of some of the higher priced lines.  And, since I have really picky, sensitive skin, every product would be fragrance free and center around these issues.

Also, a line of moderately priced clothing which considers that us more mature gals still want to look modern and somewhat trendy but we need clothing which is geared to our stage in life and issues.  For instance, nice basic tops of a soft breathable fabric that is easy to care for and not of a flimsy, body hugging material.  Bottoms that have a classic tailoring and kind fit, wash and wear.  Many pieces that can be mixed and matched.

@AngelPuppy1 Good morning. Point 1: I doubt if there could be a “one fits all” skincare line for mature skin. The bells & whistles of high priced brands usually never work...they promise what the older woman wants to hear: younger, brighter, clearer, less wrinkled skin. That’s not available at any price.

Point 2: Q addresses your request w/ Denim & Co. and the several “loungewear” lines. Unfortunately, we’re not their target consumer. That’s why the clothing is high priced, ill fitting, styling too trendy, etc.

I’m not sure if you developed these 2 product lines, there’d be enough customers to purchase them. So many people have become disenchanted with QVC.

@Shanus

Oh, sure! But this is my "dream" line, remember?  LOL!  I can imagine anything I want!  Doesn't matter.  I know as an older person, what I want is not relevant.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@bonnielu

To be honest, I wouldn’t bother. The Q prices things too high. I’d rather see new things at stores/sites that offer good prices and sales.

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Another line of makeup and skin care.  Yes, don't we just need another one?  There are so many already!  But one that tackles the issues of mature skin only would be nice.  This line would be very moderately priced, yet have a lot of the bells and whistles of some of the higher priced lines.  And, since I have really picky, sensitive skin, every product would be fragrance free and center around these issues.

Also, a line of moderately priced clothing which considers that us more mature gals still want to look modern and somewhat trendy but we need clothing which is geared to our stage in life and issues.  For instance, nice basic tops of a soft breathable fabric that is easy to care for and not of a flimsy, body hugging material.  Bottoms that have a classic tailoring and kind fit, wash and wear.  Many pieces that can be mixed and matched.

@AngelPuppy1 Good morning. Point 1: I doubt if there could be a “one fits all” skincare line for mature skin. The bells & whistles of high priced brands usually never work...they promise what the older woman wants to hear: younger, brighter, clearer, less wrinkled skin. That’s not available at any price.

Point 2: Q addresses your request w/ Denim & Co. and the several “loungewear” lines. Unfortunately, we’re not their target consumer. That’s why the clothing is high priced, ill fitting, styling too trendy, etc.

I’m not sure if you developed these 2 product lines, there’d be enough customers to purchase them. So many people have become disenchanted with QVC.

@Shanus

Oh, sure! But this is my "dream" line, remember?  LOL!  I can imagine anything I want!  Doesn't matter.  I know as an older person, what I want is not relevant.  

@AngelPuppy1  Of course your ideas are relevant. I was just playing devil’s advocate. 

Honored Contributor

Crafting items or Great CD sets like they advertise late at night.  

Esteemed Contributor

If I knew the answer to that, I'd be on Shark Tank.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My DH was in outside sales. His only "Office" was a room in our home. We constantly battled for storage space, and to keep things in there reasonably tidy, so he could work. Thus - I'd want to develop a line of items to make a home office more efficient, attractive enough to be a part of our home . 

Also - for people like my DH whose car has to often serve as their office - products to assist them with that like a lap desk things to hang over the back of the car seats specifically to store items they need so they aren't rolling around in the car or falling out of the sun visor at you.