Respected Contributor

Re: If you were on a game show...

I think people do get caught up in the crowd excitement and make decisions they probably regret later. If I had the decision to make, and assuming a few thousand $ was involved, I'd take the sure money and not gamble on an oddball, obscure question on baboon breath.

Honored Contributor

Took me  a moment to figure out what LMAD was .....lol.   

Reminds me of the old saying .... "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush ...."

Respected Contributor

I'd take the risk.  It's the only way to have fun in this life.....win    OR    lose......

Super Contributor

I would definitely keep going!  I'd rather end up with nothing, than lose a gigantic prize because I folded out of fear.

Esteemed Contributor

Ok - it also took a while to figure out LMAD! I think that makes a difference (to me anyways).

I haven’t seen Let’s Make a Deal in years and recently caught an evening show. It’s possible, with that particular show after seeing how they manipulate the boxes (put a photo of a car in a tiny box, for example), I may take the $$. There’s no skill involved. Nor am I being active in my future (spinning a wheel, for example,)

But, I otherwise agree with the other poster who said she would go on as it’s not her money anyways and it’s such a small amount that it would have a small effect on her life. I didn’t go on the game show to win $2,000. I wouldn’t be surprised if they try to weed those types of players out in their interview process as it would make for a boring show.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A bird in the hand, is worth two in the bush.  Take what you can see.

Let's make a deal, or the grass looking greener on the other side.

That one show with all the suitcases with numbers, and money....Howie Mandel?  What was that one?  Drove me crazy.  

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal, I think it was "Deal or No Deal"

Honored Contributor

@HisElk1 wrote:

@qualitygal, I think it was "Deal or No Deal"

Yes!! Thank you that was the one, made me a nervous wreck.  LOL