Honored Contributor

Re: If you were a member of the royal family, would you want this??????

People actualy buy those dreadful  papers,  they must have  a nose 10 ft .long.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Ha Ha Smiley Tongue  Sounds like just another day in the life of some people I know.

Doesn't mean squat to me.  I think the queen was closer to her wits end when dealing with Diana and Fergie.

Respected Contributor

It's not only the Royals that get garbage written about them.  Look at the c$#p that's written about other notable families in the U.S.A.  To say the least, It's disgusting and disgraceful.  Don't want to mention the name (I'm sure most know) because it will certainly shut this thread down and I'll be banned.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

Gossip magazines are a product, if you aren't interested in purchasing, that's fine.  One of my stores can't keep them in stock, that's how fast they sell, lol.

They sell out everywhere.  They really are just comic books for adults,  even those of us who say we never buy them, sometimes do.  Some people  just read them in the checkout line and then toss them them aside.   90% of it is trash and fiction and most people understand that.  It doesn't matter what the 10% think.

So, what's the 'problem'?  There's a demand and it's being met, last I checked that how it works regardless of how much people 'believe' in its' content.  Furthermore I  don't see the same handwringing regarding some national newspapers, guess that's ok for some.

Respected Contributor

You can read it online for free, just google some sites and read it. So many out there and save your money. Same thing for magazines some offer sites free. I don't think I am able to give you sites here.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Still Raining wrote:

The best answer is to be found at the end of Men in Black.  Still makes me laugh.

@Still Raining 

Huh?    It would be great if we knew what you were talking about ....

@Tinkrbl44 I guess you never saw the movie 'Men in Black', well neither have I, so I'm right there with you. @Still Raining  

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@comedy clubber 

Personally, I find it hard to believe anyone actually thinks there's any chance any of that kwap might be even partially true. 

There's a method to their marketing madness ........  

That checkout line area is often called the Buyer's Remorse moments.   People look in their carts and wonder what have I done ......  or do I really need this stuff .....  you get the idea.   So, merchants have stocked shelves with all sorts of impulse items, candy and  cold drinks and sometimes ice cream.   

All the magazines must have crazy teasers & titles on gossip rags to catch your eyes.   One goal ......  distract ... distract .....  distract ....

The last thing they want is for us to remove anything from our carts before they ring us up.   This week the mags show the royals .....  next week it'll be the K-trash family or new developments about Natalie Wood's death  .... or Princess Diana.   

There's a sucker born every minute, and I doubt that will ever change.

Every now and then one of them gets the real scoop like with the National Enquirer exposing John Edwards and his mistress and 'love child'.   But that doesn't happen enough that anyone should spend a penny on those rags.

Respected Contributor

@comedy clubber   The day Princess Diana died was the last day I ever purchased any of those types of magazines.  Knowing that most of it wasn't true, it was still somewhat entertaining and sometimes they actually had the facts.  

However, I couldn't imagine paying money to support anyone that hounded and stalked another human being like they did to her, even if they choose to be a celebrity or married a royal, it just made me sick. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

Every now and then one of them gets the real scoop like with the National Enquirer exposing John Edwards and his mistress and 'love child'.   But that doesn't happen enough that anyone should spend a penny on those rags.

Still a consumer's choice and unless you are funding it they don't require anyone's approval for their spending actions, thankfully.

Honored Contributor

@Snowhite714 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Still Raining wrote:

The best answer is to be found at the end of Men in Black.  Still makes me laugh.

@Still Raining 

Huh?    It would be great if we knew what you were talking about ....

@Snowhite714    @Still Raining 

@Tinkrbl44 I guess you never saw the movie 'Men in Black', well neither have I, so I'm right there with you. @Still Raining  

@Snowhite714    @Still Raining 

Actually, I HAVE seen the movie ....  several years ago ..... and have absolutely no idea what the last line was.   Who remembers movie endings decades later?   good grief!