Honored Contributor

Re: If you were a member of the royal family, would you want this??????

The best thing the Royal Family can do is just what they're doing....ignoring it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

How about the Paparazzi in your face?  That's even worse than the paper gossip.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

If I "were a member of the royal family", I would expect "this" and take it in stride. 

Honored Contributor

@comedy clubber 

Personally, I find it hard to believe anyone actually thinks there's any chance any of that kwap might be even partially true. 

There's a method to their marketing madness ........  

That checkout line area is often called the Buyer's Remorse moments.   People look in their carts and wonder what have I done ......  or do I really need this stuff .....  you get the idea.   So, merchants have stocked shelves with all sorts of impulse items, candy and  cold drinks and sometimes ice cream.   

All the magazines must have crazy teasers & titles on gossip rags to catch your eyes.   One goal ......  distract ... distract .....  distract ....

The last thing they want is for us to remove anything from our carts before they ring us up.   This week the mags show the royals .....  next week it'll be the K-trash family or new developments about Natalie Wood's death  .... or Princess Diana.   

There's a sucker born every minute, and I doubt that will ever change.

Esteemed Contributor

The best answer is to be found at the end of Men in Black.  Still makes me laugh.

Honored Contributor

These rag magazines have been sued many times.  They have even stopped so low as to  have their photographers climb over fences and perch in trees to get a picture of someone in a state of undress...think Jackie Kennedy and Kate Middleton.

No wonder every once in a while the Paps get puched in the face and get their camera broken or their feet run over.

No one wants this..royal or not.   I never buy or read these junk rags, but they are there in display at the markets.

i know 99% of what is written is not true and the famous mostly ignore it, but I am sure they get tired of it and find it upsetting.

Honored Contributor

First of all, it comes with the territory and it is what it is.

Secondly, we never know.

Third and foremost:  John Edwards

I'm not saying anything but you never know what is truth or not.  We didn't believe the rift between Charles and Diana at first, and it seemed totally impossible. 

Respected Contributor

If I'm staying in line, I am reading, not buying but reading, once I even went to a long line so I could get to read. LOL  I would never marry royality too many restrictions. 

Honored Contributor

I buy some of them.  I read them in the bathroom.  I don't read anything about 'the Royals' because it doesn't interest me at all.  I don't care what they do or what's said about them.  I have enough sense to realize most of it is made up.

Often if 'the Royals' are on the front cover I don't buy the magazine because I'm just not interested.

It's interesting because often people who say they wouldn't be caught dead reading those things are the same people who go on the internet, watch the E channel and so on to see the same celebrity news.

I highly doubt Queen Elizabeth or her people read these magazines.

With the exception of 'the Royals' most of the 'stars' make their living by publicity.  Supposedly, many of these 'stars' call the tabloids to tell them where they'll be and major gossip.

It isn't brain surgery to read the headlines and figure out what is and isn't true.

I'm not taking up for them.  It's none of my business what people read, say or do; just as it isn't my business what the magazines print.

I don't get worked up about what's printed in these papers.  Some of it isn't much different than what's reported on the ummmm let's call them news channels.

I'm very particular about which magazines I buy.  After I've scanned over them I give some to my daughter (People and Entertainment Weekly) and the other's (Star magazine) I give to friends who sometimes pass them off to other friends.

So, I guess you can say they are recycled a few times.

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

The best answer is to be found at the end of Men in Black.  Still makes me laugh.

@Still Raining 

Huh?    It would be great if we knew what you were talking about ....