Honored Contributor

If you wear POWECOM masks; what do you like about them?

If you wear POWECOM masks; what do you like about them?

Valued Contributor

Re: If you wear POWECOM masks; what do you like about them?

I'm so over masks.  I'm a germaphobe so I embraced masks like they were everything.  But I'm done.  They did serve a purpose at first but I think we are past that now.  That's not to say that I'm against anyone who still wants to wear them. 

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.

-Rumi
Respected Contributor

I do have that brand of KN95s, but I can't say there's anything about that brand in particular that's better than another because they are the only ones I've tried.  

The fit is snug without being uncomfortable and I can breathe (but I'm never wearing it very long).  I do have to fiddle with it a bit to get the nose wire in a good spot, but that's just moving the mask up and down a little to get it in the proper place for a snug fit.

Respected Contributor

I have worn KN95 masks since the very beginning of the pandemic and POWECOM is included in the ones I wear.   They fit well and I can breathe in them.   I have worn masks for several hours at a time and these are pretty comfortable.  My husband finds them a bit snug.   I suggest you buy a few at first and then judge them yourself.  That is the only way to know what works best for you.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Super Contributor

I like that they fit snuggly without being tooooo tight. I feel they give me safe coverage without side 'leaks'. I now have some N95's but haven't yet tried them. I mask whenever out to a store or around too many people....which I try to avoid. I shop at the crack of dawn and head back home. 

happy to stay masked. as a retired RN, no way, no how do I want to risk long covid. yup, double boosted and masking as long as I want. 

Honored Contributor

@knittykitty wrote:

I like that they fit snuggly without being tooooo tight. I feel they give me safe coverage without side 'leaks'. I now have some N95's but haven't yet tried them. I mask whenever out to a store or around too many people....which I try to avoid. I shop at the crack of dawn and head back home. 

happy to stay masked. as a retired RN, no way, no how do I want to risk long covid. yup, double boosted and masking as long as I want. 

Shoekitty said, I am a masker too, doesn't bother me.  I don't wear this brand but I have kn95 I love.  Comfortable.  I still mask up. My immune system isn't that good, and it also cuts down on colds, flu and such. Now that they lifted wearing masks on plane I don't think I will fly for quite a while.