Respected Contributor

Re: If you want something done ask a busy woman.

"We didn't consider it cheating - we considered it being efficient."

The mission statement of corporations across America.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

There is a software program designed to catch plagiarized papers now.   Even high school teachers use it.    Plagiarism is a serious offense and really shouldn't be tolerated.   

It's a lack of character, IMO

Well then I guess every college student I ever knew suffers from lack of character because they all did it. Seriously, if you are taking a full schedule of classes, it is almost impossible to do all the reading they expect plus just about every class requires a written research paper. Back in the day before computers that was a daunting task, and almost impossible to achieve researching and writting all those papers. So, kids who needed money and who were good writters did them and sold them to other kids. Apparently, if they think they have developed a software to detect it this wis still being done. We didn't consider it cheating - we considered it being efficient.

Well, I wouldn't want a doctor or nurse attending to my health care needs who cheated on their class work and bought their papers for a class. First of all, that's unethical and second of all it speaks to someone with no conscience.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

There is a software program designed to catch plagiarized papers now.   Even high school teachers use it.    Plagiarism is a serious offense and really shouldn't be tolerated.   

It's a lack of character, IMO

Well then I guess every college student I ever knew suffers from lack of character because they all did it. Seriously, if you are taking a full schedule of classes, it is almost impossible to do all the reading they expect plus just about every class requires a written research paper. Back in the day before computers that was a daunting task, and almost impossible to achieve researching and writting all those papers. So, kids who needed money and who were good writters did them and sold them to other kids. Apparently, if they think they have developed a software to detect it this wis still being done. We didn't consider it cheating - we considered it being efficient.

Well, I wouldn't want a doctor or nurse attending to my health care needs who cheated on their class work and bought their papers for a class. First of all, that's unethical and second of all it speaks to someone with no conscience.

It's an epidemic.

Honored Contributor

Oh, for Pete's sake.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree.  That is something my Dad always said.  If you want to get something done, give it to someone who is busy.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Valued Contributor

And a corollary . . .

03ced9dfa2fa15d6d1da02e338ac2409.jpg.png

Respected Contributor

I agree with that statement generally. My busiest friends seem to be the first to volunteer should someone need help, and they tend to be way more reliable.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

"We didn't consider it cheating - we considered it being efficient."

The mission statement of corporations across America.  

yep, we were learning how to cope in the real world.

Honored Contributor

I think the busier we are the happier we are. However, when we are busy the time seems to fly by and that isn't necessarily a good thing as we get older.