Not applicable

If you support our Military...

Please do not support the "Spring Step" slippers vendor on QVC. The Q is always there for our Military families but unfortunately that can not be said for all of their vendors. This vendor simply will not/refuse to ship to Military addresses and the Q had to cancel my order. What a shame, if they don't support our Military then I feel like we should not support them. They can keep their product, I'm happy to spend my money else where. Thank you all for letting me vent!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: If you support our Military...

What was the reason for not shipping the item?

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Trusted Contributor

gjok, I totally agree with you. T Q should have more respect for these people who put their lives on the line for us.
Trusted Contributor

I believe only packages sent via USPS cam be shipped to APO/FPO addresses. Many companies do not ship to these addresses because of costs involved. For instance shippers are able to negotiate shipping rates for parcels with UPS and FedEx -- not so much with USPS. This has nothing to do with ""supporting our military."" I do not think when my grandfathers were fighting on the beaches of Normandy that they were fighting for the right to receive slippers.

Honored Contributor

On 12/3/2014 KYToby said:

I believe only packages sent via USPS cam be shipped to APO/FPO addresses. Many companies do not ship to these addresses because of costs involved. For instance shippers are able to negotiate shipping rates for parcels with UPS and FedEx -- not so much with USPS. This has nothing to do with ""supporting our military."" I do not think when my grandfathers were fighting on the beaches of Normandy that they were fighting for the right to receive slippers.

This is an excellent point. UPS does not ship to APO/FPOs. Has nothing to do with being patriotic or supporting our troops or not. Has everything to do with the Q's shipping carriers.

Respected Contributor

I am not familiar with this company but will add this to supporting our military. My family is military - many during WWII, lost a brother and Uncle. My father was stationed in Germany and we lived there for three years. SEARS was the ONLY American company at that time that would ship to military families. To this day I buy from Sears and most every appliance in my home and my families homes are from SEARS. I will not forget that!!!!! We had great Christmas's -- all from Sears.

Now in this country I "lived" in a PO Box for the many years I worked. Amazing how few companys would ship me anything. Had to have a street address again except for Sears. They would ship to the PO Box and I got a notice to pu packages. My point here is the no shipping rule often also applies to us who are living here if we use only a PO Box number.

Honored Contributor

Not shipping to an APO address is NOT non-military, I have been overseas with an APO address and so many places did not ship, but thank goodness to Land's End & JC Penney!

That was over 20 years ago, but still many companies do not ship!

Honored Contributor

Lots of companies don't ship to APO addresses; that doesn't make them un-American. It just means they or their shipping companies don't ship to APO addresses. Like some don't ship to PO Boxes.

Honored Contributor

Count your blessings. I've bought 2 or 3 pairs of Spring Step shoes...they all run small and had to be returned. Cute styles though but when you wear an 11, there's no place to size up.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment