Respected Contributor

Re: If you stopped dining out today ...

I can't stand the new convoluted cooking craze: the mixture of so many strange elements in a dish is off putting. Mom and pops are the only places I can get truly satisfying meals without wondering what strange things are lurking beneath the surface. Simply and straightforward.
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

If you stopped dining out today ...Would it be because of:

It wouldn't be from any of them you listed. I would have to "start" before I could "stop", and I quit eating out years and years ago.

hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

Definitely expense. We don't and haven't eaten out in over 6 years since my kids started college. If I could, I would eat out every night. The most we get occasionally is cheap take out and eat it home.

Respected Contributor

On 4/27/2014 hckynut said:

If you stopped dining out today ...Would it be because of:

It wouldn't be from any of them you listed. I would have to "start" before I could "stop", and I quit eating out years and years ago.

Me too John. DH determined that one of my duties as a wife was to prepare meals and also told me I should enjoy doing so. Smile There's always the occasional take out but I don't think that feels as special as dining out.

Respected Contributor

If you stopped dining out today ... it would be because I hired a chef!!

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Honored Contributor

It could be any if those reasons. I eat out 2x a week. It seems lately I leave disappointed. I could make it cheaper/better at home, different chefs prepare the same meal different, long wait, inattentive server, etc.

Honored Contributor

Food allergies and foodborne illness are at the top for me.

Esteemed Contributor

either I was broke....or I died....love to eat out....or get take out to bring home...

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/27/2014 cody said:

If I were to stop dining out today it would be because I am broke.

Same here! My husband and I go out to eat at least once a week sometimes twice. But we don't go to fancy expensive places much. We mostly go to places in little towns near by at restaurants privately owned (and they are the best places!).

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

If I stopped dining out it would be because every restaurant closed down or I suddenly have some dietary restriction and I must know exactly everything I consume.