Super Contributor

Re: If you saw and heard a couple arguing...

On 9/13/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:
On 9/13/2014 ktlynam said:

Other sources state that women are victims of domestic abuse in far greater numbers than are men.

Women are also more likely to be killed by their partners than men are.

I would be interested in seeing those sources...thanks!

In the sources I provided, they explained why the sources you may be quoting from are outdated or incorrect.

There are many sources you can find by a google.

I can't stick around here any longer today.

I wonder how many men are being raped by women as opposed to the other way around.

Well, I did Google when I found my sources, and didn't find any substantiated research studies that back up your position.

Sorry you couldn't take the few seconds to provide the links to back up your claims as I had done for mine. I see that yours is a common response being used more often by some which gets the person off the hook for providing any kind of back up to his/her stance.

http://xyonline.net/content/domestic-violence-and-gender-xy-collection

So sorry that I had something more pressing at the time than to "take the few seconds" to respond.

Geez.

Carry on.

Thank you very much for providing a source. In reading it, I noticed that some of the studies upon which the article is based are somewhat out-of-date (1990, 2002, etc). Much more recent studies have been conducted that have addressed the issues of the former.

In addition, I couldn't help but notice that the source you provided is a somewhat biased publication. I would give a little more credence to neutral studies and unbiased authors.

There are multiple links and copy as recent as 2013.

I doubt you've read it all and your comment about "bias" is ridiculous, IMO, given the breadth of study in the links.

You are correct, I didn't read ALL of the links provided in the study. I did randomly search several in the list, however. The individual links did not provide the date of the study in the title, so I chose some from the first, from the middle, and from the end. And then I searched on the group itself that did the study to learn about it, who they were, and their background.

Money doesn't talk; it swears. --Bob Dylan
Super Contributor

On 9/13/2014 NC Bandwagon said:
On 9/13/2014 sunala said:
On 9/13/2014 ~moxie~ said:
On 9/13/2014 Love my grandkids said:

So we should only care about women being abused? I think it happens to men more often than we know as they are usually ashamed to admit being abused -- either by a female or male partner.

The percentage of men being abused is less than 3%.

Sure, 3% is the percentage that's been reported. How many go unreported because the man is embarrassed? Plenty, I'm sure.

And how many against WOMEN go unreported?

Women are raped, humiliated, beaten by intimate partners every day. Many are embarassed and do not report it. And many are murdered.

I usually don't respond in these threads because they usually don't turn out too well. I think the point that trying to made is that every human being is important. If a man, woman and/or child is being abused, someone should speak up. It's not a contest of "whoever gets abused the most are the ones that should be helped."

I'm going to add a twist on this and see the response I get.

There are many ladies here who love WEN and the man who created it. If any of you ladies here saw Chaz Dean on his knees, covering his head, cowering in fear and saw a group of woman or one woman hitting him, kicking him, scratching him, biting him, yelling at him, calling him horrible names....would you make a move to stop it?

I was responding to a poster who was adamant about the "fact" that women perpetrate more domestic violence against men than men do against women.

So, telling me what the "point of the thread" is was really unnecessary.

*shrugs* Not trying to start anything. Really isn't a contest of who beats up who more. If one man hits a woman, that's one too many. If one woman hits a man, that's one too many.

............But would you do something to help Chaz Dean if a woman was beating him up?

I'm sorry but I just can't believe you brought up a Chaz Dean hypothetical.

I don't see what the big deal is. A person's status shouldn't make a difference as to whether someone intervenes or not. I'm not trying to upset you or anything, though sorry if it comes off that way. It's just a question. If someone was trying to hurt Nick Chavez, I'd try to help him in anyway that I could.

OMG, Nick Chavez now?

I'm leaving all quotes intact as I can't even believe it.

Laughing! Let's add goofy face David doing a happy dance to the mix.....no comment!
Respected Contributor

So we should only care about women being abused? I think it happens to men more often than we know as they are usually ashamed to admit being abused -- either by a female or male partner.

Sure, 3% is the percentage that's been reported. How many go unreported because the man is embarrassed? Plenty, I'm sure.

Women are raped, humiliated, beaten by intimate partners every day. Many are embarassed and do not report it. And many are murdered.

I usually don't respond in these threads because they usually don't turn out too well. I think the point that trying to made is that every human being is important. If a man, woman and/or child is being abused, someone should speak up. It's not a contest of "whoever gets abused the most are the ones that should be helped."

I'm going to add a twist on this and see the response I get.

There are many ladies here who love WEN and the man who created it. If any of you ladies here saw Chaz Dean on his knees, covering his head, cowering in fear and saw a group of woman or one woman hitting him, kicking him, scratching him, biting him, yelling at him, calling him horrible names....would you make a move to stop it?

I was responding to a poster who was adamant about the "fact" that women perpetrate more domestic violence against men than men do against women.

So, telling me what the "point of the thread" is was really unnecessary.

*shrugs* Not trying to start anything. Really isn't a contest of who beats up who more. If one man hits a woman, that's one too many. If one woman hits a man, that's one too many.

............But would you do something to help Chaz Dean if a woman was beating him up?

I'm sorry but I just can't believe you brought up a Chaz Dean hypothetical.

I don't see what the big deal is. A person's status shouldn't make a difference as to whether someone intervenes or not. I'm not trying to upset you or anything, though sorry if it comes off that way. It's just a question. If someone was trying to hurt Nick Chavez, I'd try to help him in anyway that I could.

OMG, Nick Chavez now?

I'm leaving all quotes intact as I can't even believe it.

Honey, with all due respect, you're reading in to this way too much, yet won't answer the question. It's a simple yes or no question.

Would you help a man if he was being beaten up by a woman or a group of women and/or would you help Chaz Dean if he was being beaten up by a woman or a group of women?

It's not a veiled attempt to try to get you to look bad. It's just a question. If you don't want to answer, you can always say so. I'll understand.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Respected Contributor

What are you guys smokin' tonight????

Honored Contributor

Other sources state that women are victims of domestic abuse in far greater numbers than are men.

Women are also more likely to be killed by their partners than men are.

I would be interested in seeing those sources...thanks!

In the sources I provided, they explained why the sources you may be quoting from are outdated or incorrect.

There are many sources you can find by a google.

I can't stick around here any longer today.

I wonder how many men are being raped by women as opposed to the other way around.

Well, I did Google when I found my sources, and didn't find any substantiated research studies that back up your position.

Sorry you couldn't take the few seconds to provide the links to back up your claims as I had done for mine. I see that yours is a common response being used more often by some which gets the person off the hook for providing any kind of back up to his/her stance.

http://xyonline.net/content/domestic-violence-and-gender-xy-collection

So sorry that I had something more pressing at the time than to "take the few seconds" to respond.

Geez.

Carry on.

Thank you very much for providing a source. In reading it, I noticed that some of the studies upon which the article is based are somewhat out-of-date (1990, 2002, etc). Much more recent studies have been conducted that have addressed the issues of the former.

In addition, I couldn't help but notice that the source you provided is a somewhat biased publication. I would give a little more credence to neutral studies and unbiased authors.

There are multiple links and copy as recent as 2013.

I doubt you've read it all and your comment about "bias" is ridiculous, IMO, given the breadth of study in the links.

You are correct, I didn't read ALL of the links provided in the study. I did randomly search several in the list, however. The individual links did not provide the date of the study in the title, so I chose some from the first, from the middle, and from the end. And then I searched on the group itself that did the study to learn about it, who they were, and their background.

Okay, don't read it all. Fine.

I found your links unconvincing.

I wonder, why aren't there any men shelters if domestic violence against men is even worse than that against women? Are there no men willing to step forward to help others? Are they all so in fear of their lives?

I will say in advance of your answer that I have to leave now as I'm going out shortly so I won't be answering anymore tonite.

Super Contributor

On 9/13/2014 minkbunny said:

I really cannot even recall the last time I heard anybody arguing, anywhere. My family has never been that way. I didn't grow up with any of that, my late husband nor my present husband never even raised their voice to me, my children have never had that in their marriages, or with their children -- just not part of our world. Should I hear any abusive language in public, it always startles me that people live that way.

And I am very sorry for those who do.{#emotions_dlg.sad}

{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Respected Contributor

*shrugs* Really wasn't a hard question. Don't expect anyone to run in the middle of it and try to break it up. Might get hurt. If anyone saw a woman beating a man up, no matter who they were, all they'd have to do is call 911.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Super Contributor

Once again, the hypocritical double standards regarding men being abused are alive on well on this thread.

Respected Contributor

women also do not report abuse by droves.

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Respected Contributor

exactly. I am against any domestic violence, regardless of gender, but I am getting a little tired of this false equivalency.

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames