Esteemed Contributor

Re: If you saw and heard a couple arguing...

On 9/13/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:
http://xyonline.net/content/domestic-violence-and-gender-xy-collection

So sorry that I had something more pressing at the time than to ""take the few seconds"" to respond.

Geez.

Carry on.

Geez indeed. Just be gracious and say ""thank you.""

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

So we should only care about women being abused? I think it happens to men more often than we know as they are usually ashamed to admit being abused -- either by a female or male partner.

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/13/2014 Bird mama said:

I've never come across an argument that's turned physical in a public place. I did come across an older couple in scooters no less that were yelling at each other and saying ugly things to each other in the health and beauty aisle of the local Meijer's. Unfortunately for me and them, it happened the first time I went to Meijer's after my husband died.

My hands were shaking and I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown. I walked up to their scooters and asked "What is wrong with you both? You are lucky enough to have each other and this is what you do? My husband was loving and kind and God took him and let you miserable people live? I don't get it".

I think they were struck dumb by my comment and stopping yelling. I had to leave my empty cart and come back home after that.

(Bird mama)...I remember when you posted this before, maybe on the widows thread. I hope the old couple heard you and took your words to heart...for a little while anyway.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

I've never come across an argument that's turned physical in a public place. I did come across an older couple in scooters no less that were yelling at each other and saying ugly things to each other in the health and beauty aisle of the local Meijer's. Unfortunately for me and them, it happened the first time I went to Meijer's after my husband died.

My hands were shaking and I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown. I walked up to their scooters and asked "What is wrong with you both? You are lucky enough to have each other and this is what you do? My husband was loving and kind and God took him and let you miserable people live? I don't get it".

I think they were struck dumb by my comment and stopping yelling. I had to leave my empty cart and come back home after that.

Bless you, (((Bird mama))). That adrenalin rush really can be powerful, can't it? There are times when we can get involved and make a difference in someone's life.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I'd say "Grandma, always keep one hand on your walker".

Super Contributor

On 9/13/2014 Love my grandkids said:

So we should only care about women being abused? I think it happens to men more often than we know as they are usually ashamed to admit being abused -- either by a female or male partner.

The percentage of men being abused is less than 3%.
Honored Contributor

On 9/13/2014 esmerelda said:
On 9/13/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:
http://xyonline.net/content/domestic-violence-and-gender-xy-collection

So sorry that I had something more pressing at the time than to ""take the few seconds"" to respond.

Geez.

Carry on.

Geez indeed. Just be gracious and say ""thank you.""

Are you responding to me?

What am I supposed to be saying ""thank you"" for?

I provided the link requested. Although not at ""the moment"" the requestor thought I should provide it.

Honored Contributor

On 9/13/2014 brewhaha said:

I'd say "Grandma, always keep one hand on your walker".

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Slightly different track on the same subject. Does it make you nervous when other people argue in front of you? I don't mind a one on one quarrel, but witnessing someone else fight just shreds my nerves.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Slightly different track on the same subject. Does it make you nervous when other people argue in front of you? I don't mind a one on one quarrel, but witnessing someone else fight just shreds my nerves.

It makes me want to cry.{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova