Contributor

If you saw Dateline on 3/13......

would you please let me know if he was found guilty. As usual. I never see the endings of anything. I always fall asleep lol. Thanks

Valued Contributor

Re: If you saw Dateline on 3/13......

Yes he was. I think he got sentenced to 12 years. He could have been sentenced to 50 years.

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Contributor

Thank you so much I had mixed feelings about this one.

Valued Contributor

Me too. Sometimes it seems so obvious but not to me, this time.

They said he could be out in 8 years because of the time he has already spent in prison, maybe earlier with good behavior.

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Contributor

This is not the first time where victims are considered aggressors if they try and protect themselves. These "kids" were looking to party, were trespassing on private property and frightening people with those strong lights. I guess that's why he only got 12 instead of 50. How sad.

Esteemed Contributor

Is this about the ex soldier who lied? I have this and 48 hrs taped, so confused. Didn,t he get life for Murder one? He shot and killed the driver. Those kids were out to do harm, but he didn,t have to chase them for 7 or 8 miles. He should have called the Sheriff s dept and gone on with his life. If he feared for his family, go back to their home. He and his wife were very strange. Funny what people will do in the name of Christianity. The sign he posted. That is Redneck country. Those kids did wasn't to do harm, but he wanted to prove who had the bigger one.
Valued Contributor

I was referring to the survivor producer in Mexico who was found guilty of killing his wife.

The 48 hrs was about the soldier chasing the kids. I agree with you qvcaddition. He should have call the sheriff.

Honored Contributor

What do you think about the Survivor producer? I'm not quite sure if I believe that he's guilty. I'm thinking there would be a different verdict if he had a US jury decide. 'Over there', no jury. I love the USA. Can't top our jury system, thank goodness.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).