Respected Contributor

Re: If you love The Queen's jewelry

@saltysails wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@sunala wrote:

I love the brooch she wore the other day.  That pin was given to her by a former President and his First Lady as a personal gift from them to her, paid for from their own pocket. I thought she looked beautiful that day with her bright blue suit and that lovely pin.

She is one amazing lady!

@sunala

she wore three beautiful and interesting brooches during their time there.......interesting stories behind them also. 

I like to think better of the queen than what you are suggesting. 

I don't think it was an accident nor coincidence that she wore THAT broach given to her by THEM at THAT time, at all.  I loved it.

Honored Contributor

I love that blog, have visited it a few times. The Queen's jewelry is beyond spectacular.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunala wrote:

I love the brooch she wore the other day.  That pin was given to her by a former President and his First Lady as a personal gift from them to her, paid for from their own pocket. I thought she looked beautiful that day with her bright blue suit and that lovely pin.

She is one amazing lady!

@sunala

She's a nice woman and has worked consistently through her life, but looking nice in a suit and pin doesn't make her "amazing".  She's doing the job she accepted, but gets waaaay too much praise for doing what most people do ... their jobs.   And, she has lots of help doing even the smallest everyday things.  Under those circumstances, millions of  people could do that job.  Think about it.

Esteemed Contributor

I love the stories behind the jewelry!!

Thanks for the info!

Trusted Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I love the stories behind the jewelry!!

Thanks for the info!

@Nataliesgramma, I love the stories too.  I feel like Red Buttons, with his "I never got a dinner" schtick.

Only for me it's "I went to Canada and I never got a brooch."