Esteemed Contributor

Re: If you lost a relative to tragedy, could you turn that tragedy into your career?

No one can predict how they would react in any way to a personal tragedy until it happened (heaven forbid).

Honored Contributor

Re: If you lost a relative to tragedy, could you turn that tragedy into your career?

I would never want to experience the profound loss that would determine my ability, but as verbal as I am, and as much of an advocate as I am in my husbands medical care thru the VA system, I hope I would move forward with purpose and a loud voice. The nephew of a good friend of mine was murdered several years ago. His mother passed before her sons killer was found and brought to trial. My friend stepped up as head of the family, and was in the courtroom every day of the trial, and was interviewed on TV after the guilty verdict was announced.
Honored Contributor

On 1/7/2015 lolakimono said:

Or Beth Holloway?

She had a short lived show, but is out front and center for victims' families.

She's the one that came to mind. Maybe it helps in their healing process. I don't think I could.