Honored Contributor

Re: ~*If you lived alone... could you live in one of these?*~

On 1/1/2014 i like celery said:

Happy New Year, croemer. :-)

There is a really cute historic carriage house in my neighborhood that I'm in love with. It has a second floor, but the main living space is about the size of the pics you posted in your first post - including the kitchen! I love a big kitchen, but I think I could live in this little house. It's one of the smaller carriage houses I've seen. The entire second floor is the bedroom (but the "entire" second floor is small to begin with!). I really love it, though. I always walk by thinking how charming it is, and could see myself living there.

Happy New Year celery, how cool is that! Have you ever been inside the carriage? I would love to stay in one for a few days and see what it feels like.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Respected Contributor

On 1/1/2014 croemer said:
On 1/1/2014 cody said:

The Boxcar Children was one of my favorite books when I was a child. That was so long ago...it is probably not even in print anymore. And their boxcar probably wasn't this plush. Smile

Never heard of the book cody..sounds interesting.

The Boxcar Children is still in print. It was one of my favorite childhood books too. They turned it into a series of Mystery stories though, kind of like Nancy Drew and they didn't live in the boxcar anymore.

Respected Contributor

croemer, The carriage house I'm referring to is like this:

The one in my neighborhood is kind of like this, but a little smaller, and the front door is more of a traditional front door. It also has more windows. I haven't been inside, but I once peeked in through one of the windows - the owner rents out the carriage house, so it was okay to look, as there wasn't a current tenant living there. :-) It's really cute, but small, and the kitchen is teeny tiny! Originally, the carriage house was on the same property as the main house, but both are now separate lots. I live in a historic neighborhood, but this is the only carriage house in the neighborhood. I always think about if/when the owner decides to sell the property.... :-)

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

p.s. The carriage house in my neighborhood is more charming than the pic I posted, but it is kind of similar. The landscaping is a lot nicer, too. ;-)

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

If I lived alone (with my cat), I would definitely enjoy living in this 'home', as long as it has plumbing. I would also love to be part of a tiny community where there were several of these around a mini-park-like setting. That way, I wouldn't be so isolated.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

On 1/1/2014 onewhiteSparrow said:
On 1/1/2014 i like celery said:

p.s. The carriage house in my neighborhood is more charming than the pic I posted, but it is kind of similar. The landscaping is a lot nicer, too. ;-)

I wondered what a "carriage house" looked like. Thanks for showing the picture.

Cute tiny house it could be.

Back "in the day," they housed the horses and carriages, and were located in back of the "main house." The carriage house in my neighborhood is now a separate lot, although the owner owns both properties (the "main house" and the carriage house). :-)

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Valued Contributor

No, I have no desire to live in a trailer.

Honored Contributor

Onewhitesparrow: ""Perfect!""

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the picture celery, I love that carriage house and could certainly live in one that size.

OWS...great idea's!

ROMARY...I too think it would be nice to have park with these train cars.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Respected Contributor

On 1/1/2014 croemer said:

Thanks for the picture celery, I love that carriage house and could certainly live in one that size.

The carriage house in my neighborhood is actually smaller than the one in the pic I posted. Very small, but really nice with its original architectural features. :-)

♥ Life is beauty full ♥