Esteemed Contributor

Re: If you live in a rural area, mail

If anyone here actually lives rural, you would know that there is no such thing as delivery.

All of us up on this hill are in a death battle with the USPS, the county and the state forest.  We seem to have had numbers at some point, but now the nearest PO with available boxes is a long drive away.  

Went in early in March but not since.  Waiting with interest for the census to find their way up here.

On the lookout for a friend with benefits AND a street address.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

USPS is already privitized.  It's not a government agency.

@Kachina624, kind of a hybrid:

The United States Postal Service (USPS; also known as the Post Office, U.S. Mail, or Postal Service) is an independent agency of the executive branch of the United States federal government responsible for providing postal service in the United States, including its insular areas and associated states

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

We have many rural communities in Alaska and it's already been mentioned about combining post offices. A big deal in a state with few roads. And some places like the community at the bottom of the Grand Canyon wouldn't be able to get mail.

yes, I know it's a personal vendetta concerning Amazon.

Esteemed Contributor

@traveler  What prompted this topic?

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

The news. Post office could be bankrupt in months partially because congress requires them to have fully funded retirement fund.  Guess I just read the news.