Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: If you live in a Lake Charles evacuation zone GET OUT NOW

@Mindy D  Are you talking about Irma in 2017? My niece got caught up in that.

The shelters will let you bring pets. I know some motels do also.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

Oh, and bye the way, I myself have logged into the boards before storms were coming. There were plenty of us on the Forum last year.

@Mindy D 

Yep. I’ve posted during hurricanes before, most recently Irma. And before. Once you are in a safe place you’re pretty much just sitting and waiting.

Trusted Contributor

When I lived in the Gulf coast area a few years back, I knew all the back roads to leave from the area.  I knew the names of motels we could go to, shortcuts to get there, etc.  One time we almost waited too late to leave, but thank goodness I knew a highway where there was very little traffic.  Current residents of the area (of which I have 8 family members) will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Honored Contributor

I do dread hurricane season for my friends in New Orleans and all on the Gulf Coast, and for that matter, any area that is affected by catastrophic storms.  Prayers for all in the path of the storm.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@happycat wrote:

I hate it for these people. I hope they will get out, there are always those who don't though. I can't imagine how that would be- we have 3 cats and 2 bigger type dogs. No way I'd be leaving them. 

@happycat   Do they expect people to just leave their pets?  I would not! I would stay with them.

@SeaMaiden   @happycat   I wouldn't leave my pets either.  I'd take them with me.  If I couldn't find a hotel or shelter that would take pets I'd try to drive far enough away to be safe in my car.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau