Respected Contributor

If you like Garth Brooks, Facebook Live Monday

[ Edited ]

USA – Garth Brooks said that they will steam a live facebook concert to help keep people home for social distancing.

Monday night at 7pm.

Garth Brooks said he did want to do his part to “flatten the curve” against COVID-19.

Brooks along with several other music stars will be holding a at-home concert since everyone is stuck at home.

Brooks show will be called Studio G and will be taking song requests from his twitter for the show.

Honored Contributor

Re: If you like Garth Brooks, Facebook Live Monday

Yes we plan to watch Garth. Thanks for the reminder. 🎶🎶

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I guess just you and me are the only ones from here wthat will watch!  hehe

Respected Contributor

Oh, no - I'll be watching!

Rumor has it that Garth and Tricia bought a property about half a mile north of me on the beach in Florida. Haven't run in to either of them in the grocery store - yet!

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

I've also heard the rumor about their buying a place in Florida, won't give your location, but we used to spend a month or two there in the winter.  I am a huge Garth Brooks fan, HUGE.  I'll be watching !

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you - do we need to be FB friends with him? How do we access. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

Thank you - do we need to be FB friends with him? How do we access. 

No. Just enter "Garth Brooks" in your search bar and pick the one that has the blue checkmark that verifies it's him. I don't follow him and haven't liked his page, but I've been able to see all of his videos just fine. 

If need be, you can always like/follow the page for the duration of the concert and then undo it. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

I heard this on FB today and I am for sure going to be watching!!  Smiley Happy 

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Did anyone watch this? I did for about 20 minutes but it kept freezing up on me. It would sit and spin. Was disappointed anyway since it was not like I thought it would be for the time I saw it!

Respected Contributor

@FlowerBear wrote:

Did anyone watch this? I did for about 20 minutes but it kept freezing up on me. It would sit and spin. Was disappointed anyway since it was not like I thought it would be for the time I saw it!

I had the same experience. I'd see maybe 5 minutes, and then it'd freeze. Wait a bit, watch another 5 minutes. Frustrating!