Respected Contributor

Re: If you know a teacher....

@RoughDraft wrote:

How long does a sugar rush last?  If they overdo on Monday afternoon, they'll be restless all night.  Bye Tuesday morning they should be exhausted and struggling to stay awake in class.

They won't be struggling to stay awake -- trust me.

Respected Contributor

By now you should be used to it. After all it happens every year.

Respected Contributor

Let's celebrate it the Friday before the 31st.  Problem solved.  Smiley Very Happy

(if only it were that easy...I know)

Respected Contributor

@Mellie32 wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

How long does a sugar rush last?  If they overdo on Monday afternoon, they'll be restless all night.  Bye Tuesday morning they should be exhausted and struggling to stay awake in class.

Why?

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

i havent seen a trick or treater for years in my area and i live a mile away from our local elementary school and middle school. is it still as popular as it once was?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

@Mellie32 wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

Why?

For the reasons I've already stated.  It's an exciting day full of sugar and fun and they'll still be hyped up from it.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because the quote is unkind.

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i havent seen a trick or treater for years in my area and i live a mile away from our local elementary school and middle school. is it still as popular as it once was?

I have really wondered about this @sunshine45. When we lived in a suburb outside of Buffalo, trick or treating used to be such a huge thing. Adults would outside with fire pits just talking to all the neighbors while the kids went door to door. I had many neighbors who even set their garages up as mini haunted houses and the adults dressed up too and played scary music. Rarely any of the houses did not participate. There was hot cider and donuts for the adults. When we moved down here (NC), it seems like most didn't even hand out candy. It made me wonder if most places just weren't into Halloween like they used to be or if the place I lived was just really into it. My daughter always talks about how much fun her Halloweens were there so I am glad she got to experience that.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Trusted Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

In my area Halloween is celebrated the Thursday before Oct 31 as far as Trick or Treating.

I don't understand why there are still people who believe that sugar makes kids hyper or changes their temperament.  There are many studies that have proved that this is not true.

I do know that chocolate makes me happy and there are studies to prove that chocolate is mood altering. 

@Carmie

Recently I read an article about sugar and hyperactivity.  The conclusion was there was little correlation between the two.

We ate candy and sweets as children and were able to control our behavior.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's calling out posters.