Esteemed Contributor

Re: If you have smelled it, what’s your opinion of Savage for men by Dior?

I bought Sauvage for DS maybe two years ago? He loves it but as others said, fragrance is personal. 

You can try Dillards or Macy's for a gift set. Body wash is an inexpensive way to enjoy the scent.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

@Kachina624 Then they would wear tight clothes, showing off their muscles. 

@occasionalrain.  Maybe muscles are not the asset they want to emphasize?  Thinking of scintillating personality, of course.

@Kachina624    YES!    Because mens' brains are made of muscle, so it's all related......

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I dislike perfumed men; they seem to be trying too hard, compensating for a deficiency.

@occasionalrain   LOL  I can always count on you for a laugh!!Woman SurprisedWoman Very HappyWoman LOL

I've noticed when people pass by it is USUALLY a man who has bathed in his cologne.  Sometimes being in a store the scent lingers long after the person has passed by.

So yes, perfumed men, in my experience, are not a hit with me at all.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I look at it differently. When I've bought fragrance for significant others, I only cared whether I liked it or not. If you get him something that drives you crazy, he'll appreciate the present so much more than if he just likes how he smells. *eyebrow waggle*

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

I am very sensitive to perfumes/colognes, etc....but the one cologne i have purchased for my DH over the years which

is  a nice clean masculine smell  was Royal Copenhagen.

Valued Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

I look at it differently. When I've bought fragrance for significant others, I only cared whether I liked it or not. If you get him something that drives you crazy, he'll appreciate the present so much more than if he just likes how he smells. *eyebrow waggle*

You are a lady after my own heart @Porcelain ! DH always compliments my perfumes, but never wore cologne. I mentioned that if he did, it would have the same effect on me that my perfume has on him. He now wears it daily. Men are such simple creatures sometimes! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am probably the only one out there ,  but there isnt a fragrance by  Dior i like.  Thye all seem heady and strong to me.

unless someone asks for a fragrance, I never buy it.  Too expensive a gift if they dont like it.   But if they requestedit, by all means gift them with fragrance.   I request Beach by bobbi brown oncea year, as perfume is a real gift to me.   

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

You can't go wrong with Chanel "Bleu by Chanel" for the special man in your life.

It's a day to night clean year around fragrance women find hard to resist!  Check the reviews.

Honored Contributor

Of course, I wouldn't think many of us would find it appealing for a man or, as far as it goes, a woman, to bathe in fragrance to the point of smelling like the proverbial 'French whore'... The fact is, however, that most folks have a certain level of taste and judgment about applying fragrance... If they don't then being over-scented is probably only one of many reasons to avoid them as much as possible... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Mindy D  Dior makes a couple of different versions of Eau Sauvage. The original is wonderful and, I would think, has a somewhat universal appeal. It's a classic, having been around for years. It's very fresh and clean with a light citrusy fragrance. I don't know about the newer incarnation (Eau Sauvage Extreme) but I've gifted the original several times and it always seems to get worn...

The original Eau Sauvage is my all-time favorite men's fragrance.  It smells delicious.  I don't know if they have changed the fragrance since I first knew it.  I see that Sephora carries it.  It is still in the same bottle so hopefully it has not changed.  

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama