Honored Contributor

Re: If you have been to a funeral service, how was the social distancing set up?

Our local funeral services in the funeral chapel are for immediate family only, with video streaming for anyone interested in watching.

Most families are opting for graveside services.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: If you have been to a funeral service, how was the social distancing set up?

I haven't been to a a funeral but went to a calling for a family member in late June.  The obit said to please follow our state's mandates but we were the only ones in masks or social distancing.  We paid our respects and promptly left.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

I have been to graveside services only, no visitation no funeral. Some of the services here have been family only and other have not been limited to family. 

Honored Contributor

My uncle passed away in August.  He lived in NC for the past 25 years and had many step children, step grandchildren,  church family; a lot of loved ones.  His blood family; children, grandchildren, nieces nephews and former co-workers and his former church family all live in MA, ME and RI.  Many of us would have gone to NC to be with his wife and other family and to attend the wake and funeral.  He was my mom's younger brother and the last of their family.  But Covid 19 didn't allow for that.  The funeral was on FB and also there was a link on the funeral home's website so we attended virtually.   They held the funeral at a funeral home and it looked like about 30 in attendance with everyone socially distanced and wearing masks.  I understand that the burial was private, just his wife and two step daughters.  I admit, it hurt.  There are tentative plans for a larger memorial service at the church he loved so much....next summer or whenever it is safe for us to gather in large numbers again.

Honored Contributor

A Cleveland police officer's funeral was held last week on 9/11.  The local news was showing live shots and I was shocked that many officers who were there had opted not to wear masks.  They were all standing close, I saw some shaking hands, etc.