Respected Contributor

Re: If you have an avatar - care to share?

traveler, I would have got it!! haha
If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

MIne is my beloved Chloe, I lost her in January . . . I still miss her every single day. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Hi b--

I'm not good with posting links or pics.  I'll figure it out someday. 

I'd like to post a pic of myself, but it freaks me out when people say you can be 'traced'.

I guess I don't know what 'traced' means?  Traced as in my name number address and honest weight will be public info???

I had a beautiful Shepherd who just died last week.  Her pic would be the one I would've posted, but it would break my heart if I saw it all the time.

So I'll stick with the default that doesn't look too different from me (minus all the humidity).

It's good to see you back.  I hope all is well with you and often wondered about your DM and how she is doing.

Honored Contributor

@British Grl wrote:

I love Danes of all coat colors, but I like the look of Harlequin Danes-they look like spotted cows. lol

I love Great Danes too!  I am a supporter of the Service Dog Project (SDP) in Ipswich, MA.  They raise GD to assist people with mobility issues.  They do great work and I enjoy watching their live cameras every day!

Respected Contributor

HI biancardi nice to see you! My avatar is an American girl doll she looks a lot like me so much it is a bit scary lol! Mini Pqfan! 

Valued Contributor

The only significance in my avatar is that it is cold and snowy and the weather here has been way too hot and humid.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I tried four or five, mostly my cats, but in the tiny format their faces were too indistinct.  So I went to my small collection of dolls. 

This is the Winnie Walker "Flower Girl" doll, which my granddad gave to me the morning of my aunt's wedding.  I was 3 yrs old and the flower girl in that wedding, and my mother had found a dressmaker capable of copying "Winnie's" dress, so the doll and I were dressed exactly alike that day.  I got this doll on Ebay, for I loved the original literally to pieces.

I'll change it out for my Jill and Ginny dolls when I get tired of "Winnie."

Honored Contributor

Tulips are my favorite spring flower so I chose a yellow one.  I may change it as I gain confidence with the new format but for now it's the tulip.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

thank you for the warm welcomes, chickenbutt, lucky charm and pqfan...

and thank you ladies for your comments!

Lucky charm, I am not sure what can be "traced".  I looked at my photo that I uploaded here and then I inspected the properties.  It is uploaded to the chatboard system here, so I suppose the
only trace is if you are a web admin and can view those logs.  Which none of us can....  The information on my photo is http://community.qvc.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/370iB2C1A31D9E2B1521/image-dimensions/125x125/...

and that has nothing to do with my IP address, my computer or anything.  That is the server location where the Q stored my image and its dimensions...

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Honored Contributor

Oh No! Biancardi.  I meant if we posted a personal picture of ourselves, it can be 'traced'.  I didn't mean if we posted just any pics. 

Have you ever heard that before?  That someone posted their pic, it could be traced to who they are?  Maybe I'm just paranoid!