Super Contributor

Re: If you have a tattoo or thinking about getting one, how did you decide where on your body to put it?

I have a colorful butterfly on my lower groin area. I don't wear bikinis, so it never shows.

Honored Contributor

Re: If you have a tattoo or thinking about getting one, how did you decide where on your body to put it?

Put it somewhere it doesn't hurt as much. Maybe the upper arm.

Honored Contributor

I must b honest. I do not like tattoos.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I considered getting a tatt on and off for decades, and finally decided that I wanted something animal-centric. It's been the one constant in my life, plus I'm one of those "from-the-womb" animal lovers.

Finally decided on a small paw print, and as of this writing LOL, I think it will be where actor Bryan Cranston has his first tattoo, the "Breaking Bad" logo: on the inside of his right ring finger (see pic below).

I don't wear rings so I think it will look OK, and just want see a little flash of it every now and then. 8)

3746ea313f6d0cf3943a06f80f24b5d5.jpg (236×183)

Valued Contributor

I don't have a tattoo, but I always thought i'd like one. Mr S definitely would not like it. I don't have any idea which of our kids has them {#emotions_dlg.ohmy} Our oldest son had a horriffic tattoo on the inside of his wrist: blood red Chinese symbols (words?) it looked like a suicide. At that time, he was self employed (building custom mountain bikes), so his clients didn't notice or care. When he went into a white collar/ creative field, he had them removed.

Respected Contributor

I have a small one (about an inch and a half) on the inside of my right wrist. It's the kanji for harmony/peace and is done in black ink.

I have it there because it's unobtrusive. I've been thinking about getting another one on my upper left arm of a musical staff and the first three notes of "Sparkling in the Sand" by Tower of Power. I used to play that on flute a long, long time ago.

Valued Contributor

I also know a woman with a HUGE spider web on her back not for me.

Super Contributor

On 1/30/2015 croemer said:

No tattoo's for me though my manicurist from several years ago got a tiny peach on the top of her foot. Cutest thing I ever saw with a little leaf off to the right...and was tempted. Until she said she cried like a baby and almost didn't finish it because it was right on the top of her foot...right on the bones.

i wanted one in that spot but was told it would hurt like heck because of that! being the big baby that i am i have decided to put one somewhere else! my oldest son got one last year on his arm - a beautiful cross - and told me that he was going to take me with him when he gets another one this year.

Valued Contributor

I personally do not like tattoos, but I met a young lady with a huge bat on her back - I love bats and this one was very nice, but definitely not for me! Also a young lady who worked for me had a beautiful red rose on the top of her foot and it was very cute, still not for me.

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.