Honored Contributor

Re: If you had your druthers and ...

@KaySD wrote:

A baguette or croissant, not too early in the morning, at a cafe in Paris, with butter. And strong coffee, but I have that every day. Heaven.

@KaySD 

And that's what's so great about the basics of bread, butter and coffee (or tea): They're great anywhere.

What Is a Typical French Breakfast like? | French Together

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@KaySD wrote:

A baguette or croissant, not too early in the morning, at a cafe in Paris, with butter. And strong coffee, but I have that every day. Heaven.

@KaySD 

And that's what's so great about the basics of bread, butter and coffee (or tea): They're great anywhere.

@just bee 

Well, maybe. But if it's my fantasy, I want mine in Paris! Alternatively, a glass of Champagne, same cafe, different time of day. Hey, really good to 'see' you, justbee!

Honored Contributor

@bobby5 wrote:
@just bee

Omg you're killing me! I want to put my face right in that bread!!

@bobby5 

Me, too! Woman LOL

Proof that we can live by bread alone.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@KaySD wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@KaySD wrote:

@KaySD 

@just bee 

Well, maybe. But if it's my fantasy, I want mine in Paris! Alternatively, a glass of Champagne, same cafe, different time of day. Hey, really good to 'see' you, justbee!

@KaySD 

Backatcha! Heart

Trusted Contributor

@just bee

😄👍
Highlighted
Contributor

@SloopJohnB wrote:

calories and/or price be damned, what food would you love to indulge in whenever you wanted?

Me:

Lobster 🦀

Chocolate cheesecake 🍰

Powdered sugar jelly donuts 🍩

Yes, please.  😋

A decadent lobster bisque served piping hot.

Respected Contributor

Pasta verde bolognese (heavy on the pasta and light on the sauce, with NO cheese).

Thanksgiving dinner (white meat only, and extra stuffing, topped off with a hunk of every available pie).

Cookies -- of any and every kind.  Never met one I didn't like, except for Fig Newtons.

I'd add more to the list, but I'm off to the kitchen for a snack!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@amyb wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@amyb wrote:

Pasta, every which way.

Chocolate every which way.

Chewy candies, sugar drops gummies, all those type candies, plus Twizzlers. If sugar wasn't "evil."

And @SloopJohnB you sure just made me crave a powdered sugar jelly donut. 😄🍩Occasionally, we have a local beach where there's also a locally made donut shop, "Beach Donuts"...yummy. So sometimes in summer our Sunday/Funday treat is take coffee & donuts to our spot on the beach and enjoy. 

Mind you in real life I watch my carb/sugar/protein/fiber, healthy ingredients all the time.

So I'm just dreamin' here. But...I'm Italian. I'm always gonna eat "pasta every which way"...in moderation. Smiley Happy

Also, french fries, fried seafood. If calories, cholesterol were not issue.

As for extravagent in price...I guess a filet mignon. Don't eat lots of red meat but when I want some, that's my steak of choice. 

Lobster tails too. yum.

@amyb  I highly recommend watching a near 2-hr documentary youtube video called 'Fat Head' and stream it to your tv.

If your time is limited, view in chunks of times, but don't skip through it. You will miss key points.

Also other informative videos on youtube by Dr Berg & Dr Ken Berry.on cholesterol.

Thanks. Sounds interesting. I do have slightly elevated cholesterol, but it's managed with 10 mg. Lipator, 5 days a week. Doesn't matter that I've never smoked, exercised all my life and am at a healthy weight. But always interested what experts in the field have to say about it.

I was speaking above, also, in general about fried foods...I like it more than I eat it, figuring it's not the healthiest. But, I always say, you could fry shoe leather and it'd probably taste good. lol.

@amyb   Seriously, please...you REALLY need to watch the 'Fat Head' video...completely!

It's a real eye opener...

The mention/explaination of cholesterol isn't until about the 2nd half, but watching the entire video will help make all key points brought up make sense.

Honored Contributor

@vsm wrote:

Pasta verde bolognese (heavy on the pasta and light on the sauce, with NO cheese).

Thanksgiving dinner (white meat only, and extra stuffing, topped off with a hunk of every available pie).

Cookies -- of any and every kind.  Never met one I didn't like, except for Fig Newtons.

I'd add more to the list, but I'm off to the kitchen for a snack!

@vsm 

YES!!!! Heart

Except that I like Fig Newtons, too. Woman Embarassed

Assorted Cookies - Round Tray - Farhat Sweets

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Rib eye steak, shrimp and homemade creamed corn. 

My granny taught me how to cook....been cooking since I was 10 years old and no lie.  My favorite of her dishes was creamed corn.  We would pick corn from the field, come back to the house...shuck the corn, clean out the strings, wash and take a knife and cut the kernels off and then scrape the "milk" out of it.  I didn't perfect this dish until I was older, but I finally did....with my granny's patience and teaching and this is one dish my family loves more than anything. 

Cream corn must be done in a cast iron frying pan.

See the source image

See the source image