Esteemed Contributor

Re: If you had to pick ONLY one

@SandySparkles wrote:

I would hate to be without my stove/oven, because I love cooking in the fall and winter on cold, stormy, rainy days. Not being able to whip something up on a whim would be a bummer. Comfort foods on comfort days.😉

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles 

That pink text is really, really hard on the eyes!  How about having some pity on us and switching to a dark color, or better yet, black?

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

AC. Nothing else comes close. I’ve 

lived without all of them for weeks and in Florida, AC. 

Honored Contributor

Well if we are only going to lose one we would have all the others so I am going to say my coffee maker. I would still have my water!  I can't go without my morning coffee.  It wouldn't be pretty.

Trusted Contributor

Water Supply - the thought of drilling a new well already gives me nightmares and I dont have any issues right now.

Honored Contributor

Love all your replies!

Update: The appliance repair people who work for Sears are coming out tomorrow. Best that we not clean out the fridge until they can verify the contents for reimbursement. We do have an extended warranty, which is fortunate because until massive problems with another appliance, we rarely signed up.

So we're okay but hate the inconvenience.

Regarding water supply, we didn't have it (or gas or electricity) for several days after the Northridge earthquake. We and our neighbors used our pool for water to flush the toilets. Good times, good times.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Water supply for sure.

Valued Contributor

Interesting. I was just faced with this possibity recently when preparing for hurricane Dorian here in SE Florida. I have lost all of these at one time or another, but my worst fear is definetly no water supply. Water (and air) are vital to life. Not everyone is able to leave their home for a motel/hotel should they lose their water supply. It's very difficult to be without as those who have had to can attest to.

Honored Contributor

AC/Heater aka HVAC.

We've had all on the list go kaput. Without a doubt the HVAC is the MOST expensive of all (at least where I live and in my experience. $15,000 and up with the average being $21,000. 

We've had to do it twice; 2 different homes. Once due to Hurricane Isobel and once due to old age (it was 35 years old and the original with house). It is the #1 complaint I hear from neighbors regarding expense to replace.

Esteemed Contributor

Here is a darker pink. Hope it helps😉

~~~All we need is LOVE💖