Honored Contributor

Re: If you had to pick ONLY one

Water supply.  I am assuming all water, not just the hot water heater.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I have been without all on the list except water at one time or another.

The one I'd choose would depend on how long without and whether it would be life threatening as in water and heat in the dead of winter.  

I was always able to make do temporarily, but hated losing access to the TV during electrical outages.  

Honored Contributor

Dishwasher is N/A as I’ve never had one. 

If a refrigerator goes, I still have 2 others.   I also have 2 washers.   Between basement clothes lines and drying racks I could dry anything I wash, if the dryer stops working.

We use our stovetop daily, but use the air fryer more than the oven.   

The microwave is used multiple times each day.

If a TV goes, there are 3 others.

My desktop computer is only used for genealogy, but I’d be lost without my iPad.

If the A/C goes out, we have ceiling fans.   If the heat goes out, we have a wood stove.   Our heat pump went out in the coldest week of February this year and we made out fine with our back up heat.   I wouldn’t like the expense of replacing the heat pump.  

No water and no electricity would be our biggest inconvenience, but we have a generator for back up power.   

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

Ah, @Cakers3 , you must have read my mind (poor you). I just added water heater to the list in my OP, for clarity's sake.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I would have to say TV.   I enjoy it just on when I am doing other things....or just enjoy watching it to veg out. All of the listed  things would be missed....especially NO POWER😳

we we are having a  in home generator installed right now so when the power is out, we will have the creature comforts. I HATE being with out power. I just go into a reclusive mode and go to bed....I do not know what to do  with myself without lights and the like. I know it sounds ridiculous.

Esteemed Contributor

Water 

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

Ah, @Cakers3 , you must have read my mind (poor you). I just added water heater to the list in my OP, for clarity's sake.

@suzyQ3   I would still go with water supply.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

I can’t imagine no AC in Arizona. That would be a death warrant. 

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@suzyQ3  you don't have the one I can't live without, a microwave! I swear my microwave broke, I went out the next day to buy one.

Same  here. Ours died about a year ago..we went out the same day to buy one as I knew I could not live without one😄

Respected Contributor

Image result for No!

The minute I choose one, four others will conk out.  I'm superstitious about my appliances!Woman LOL

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~