Esteemed Contributor

Re: If you had to pick ONLY one

A/C, way too hot in Texas to be without A/C. 

Honored Contributor

It doesn't matter which one. I'll pick a number out of a hat...

My house was hit by lightening once and I lost everything electrical for over a week. I've lived w/o heat in the middle of winter for more than week. The only thing that I have not been w/o is water and I can do w/o that, too. Just leave the house and go where it is...like a motel room.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My stove and oven. I love to cook and bake. It's very relaxing. I'm in my own private oasis in my kitchen.

Just my opinion, I don't think water supply belongs on this list because we don't have a choice to survive without it for very long.  Sorry, didn't mean to get all serious about this. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Water Supply...

Would be least disturbed by the dishwasher...I always do the dishes by hand. We have one and have never used it...came with the house.

Esteemed Contributor

Water heater.  One needs hot water.

Honored Contributor

@Diva on The Q wrote:

My stove and oven. I love to cook and bake. It's very relaxing. I'm in my own private oasis in my kitchen.

Just my opinion, I don't think water supply belongs on this list because we don't have a choice to survive without it for very long.  Sorry, didn't mean to get all serious about this. Smiley Happy

@Diva on The Q 

You make a good point. We certainly wouldn't want to without it for very long. It's something that is usually expedited. But in a pinch, you can buy jugs of water for survival.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

I couldn't live without a computer.

I can have everything delivered if I have a computer - even water...

Trusted Contributor

Easy one ..

water - it's a necessity to survive.  For humans & pets.  For washing, cooking, etc.

And, I'm a big drinker of it each day.  If I miss one glass, I notice it.  I think a person / pets get so use to being hydrated.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

It doesn't matter which one. I'll pick a number out of a hat...

My house was hit by lightening once and I lost everything electrical for over a week. I've lived w/o heat in the middle of winter for more than week. The only thing that I have not been w/o is water and I can do w/o that, too. Just leave the house and go where it is...like a motel room.

@SilleeMee   I have two big dogs and three birds...can not just pack up and leave 

Honored Contributor

AC if I were in AZ; otherwise, hot water.  I’ll be very, very cranky without the internet though😜