Honored Contributor

Re: If you had to marry your partner...

@GenXmuse wrote:
  • Online at match.com

@GenXmuse

I guess, then, you'd need to have your wedding online - both of you in separate places - Skype maybe!

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:
  • Online at match.com

@GenXmuse

I guess, then, you'd need to have your wedding online - both of you in separate places - Skype maybe!

Lol. How romantic! We can kiss our screens after we say I Do!  😆😕❤️

Respected Contributor

At the drive in. Three friends and three guys.

Frequent Contributor

We both attended the same Church. Met him there. Married him there.

Esteemed Contributor

Haha. It would be in an old country church. And that is where I did marry him 32 years ago, lol.

Honored Contributor

in a sleezy bowling alley BAR...omg, even writing this I think wt# was a "nice" girl like me doing in a place like that!😮 lol

actually it was girls nite out & we went to see our  favorite band 😉...in fact, I picked him up on a $50 bet ... him & his buddies were the best looking in the bar (who can resist a guy in uniform😊) & that band played at our wedding 42 years ago!!!

fun topic @house_cat🙂

Honored Contributor

Believe it or not in a church.   LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

A college classroom.

Esteemed Contributor

It is where I DIDN'T MEET HIM. Long story short: He knew my best friend, but I missed the party she gave (he came).  He knew a friend taking a dance class.  Too many women, I was not allowed in.  He knew my best guy friend but we never crossed paths.  He knew another friend of mine who dated him only once.  And then there was a dance and this guy friend told me to come along with him.  "i might meet my husband."  

I met him on the dance floor, he said "how would you like to dance with me."  We spoke briefly, it was time to go home.  That evening I called my friend and said" I met my husband." But I didn't know his name so she could not say, "I know him." 

I returned to the same dance revue a few weeks later.  He took me home.  

Time table....Met Halloween, engaged Christmas Eve.  Married June.  AND I MAY ADD WE ARE STILL DANCING.  

Honored Contributor

A race track. It was my first blind date. We decided on a race track. In case we didn't want to spend time together - no big deal. You could easily move around to place bets or do whatever. 

It was funny. I went to a wedding and the more I drank, the more I disliked my date. I was sitting with my girlfriend and I met her husband for the first time at the wedding. Everytime my date leaned over to me to talk, I kept telling him to get me a drink. So he would go away for a few mintues. Don't know why but my friend's husband wanted to fix me up with his buddy. I was not interested. After burning my bridge with my current date. I was not interested in dating anyone for awhile. 

Well, My Blind Date was a winner. As soon as I got in his car he had tootsie roll pops in the ash tray - so people wouldn't smoke. And he had a Cookie Monster finger puppet on the turn signal. I knew he was the man for me.