Honored Contributor

Re: If you had $45+billion to give, what would be your cause(s) ?

Oh, now I remember.......I love my previous idea of those little houses communities, in a park-like setting.  For the seniors who wish to have their own small house.  (Other seniors prefer apartments with the socialization of a community environment in one building/complex, I know.)  But for the ones who wish to have a tiny house, a nearby grocery store/pharmacy.  A park setting.  Perhaps fairly near to a hospital and other senior community services. I'd like to build several of those communities, if I had billions.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

In the current legal environment, I would attempt to buy the election of the office of U.S. President.  If I wanted to get anything meaningful and substantial done, I would also have to buy a majority of congressional seats.   

So you would use your money to undermine democracy?

I would be operating according to current legislation set forth via the Supreme Court.

Yep. Citizens United.

Respected Contributor

I'd give most to my children, then the rest would go to St. Jude's, several veterans organizations, and The Salvation Army.

Honored Contributor

There isn't enough money to fix all the problems in the US and around the world. Life is suffering and no amount of pie in the sky wishing and hopes for the future will change anything. We can't get people to agree on paying their fair share of taxes to provide services for the poor let alone free or lower cost community college for people. What kind of country doesn't provide health care for their people, yet will spend millions of dollars to get themselves elected to represent us. It's pure lunacy and we just all go along with it like sheep to the slaughter. If I had 45 billion  dollars I'd just give it to people who needed it on a daily basis. I'm sure I could get rid of 45 billion just in my home town.