Honored Contributor

Re: If you had 3 nights in mid Sept. for a getaway..would you fly to Boston or Ft. Lauderdale?

Boston. Then rent a car and go to the Cape. The Cape is beautiful in September.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: If you had 3 nights in mid Sept. for a getaway..would you fly to Boston or Ft. Lauderdale?

I see you chose Boston! My hometown.

If I were you, I'd head west to the Berkshires; it's early for fall color, but just so beautiful and not crowded. Lots to see and do; nice day trip.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

@wonderfulworld wrote:

We decided to fly on to Nantucket and were able to get a room at the Pineapple Inn in downtown Nantucket. Most places were already booked so I hope it is ok.

Any suggestions on restaurants or things to do/see on Nantucket?

Thank you for your help.

Right now in July there are many events.  The Cape and Islands are at their best in July/August. (jmo) 

Nantucket is so laid back, but for 3 days or so its great. Enjoy the days at the beaches, like sailing, walking around and shop in little gift shoppes.  In September the water is the warmest. Go to the beach mid-day because the cool dry winds come in the afternoon.  you may run into shops and restaurants being closed (after Labor Day gets tricky)  Kitty Murtagh is a casual fun place to grab a bite, an Irish Pub with a twist.

You could take day trips to MV for things to do.

http://nantucket.net/

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
gardensla
‎07-21-2015 11:00 AM

I see you chose Boston! My hometown.

If I were you, I'd head west to the Berkshires; it's early for fall color, but just so beautiful and not crowded. Lots to see and do; nice day trip.

Agree; went to college in the Berkshires - it's lovely.