Trusted Contributor

Re: If you had 3 nights in mid Sept. for a getaway..would you fly to Boston or Ft. Lauderdale?

Boston. That should be a really beautiful time of year there. You will have more to do than you can in the short time you will be there. I used to visit when my dd was in school there. I always enjoyed it.

Respected Contributor

Re: If you had 3 nights in mid Sept. for a getaway..would you fly to Boston or Ft. Lauderdale?

[ Edited ]
I would not go to Ft. L in Sept. - risk of hurricanes. Go there in March - beautiful at that time. Boston good in Sept. - just be prepared with good comfortable shoes. I have lived in both places; trust me on this one.
Honored Contributor

Mid-September, Boston for me.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@dmod nj wrote:

@Marienkaefer2 wrote:

Boston would be nice in the fall, but you could probably get a good deal on a resort in Ft Lauderdale at that tine, too.  Weather is a consideration, but that could be an issue in either place.  It depends on what you're in the mood for...three days in a historic cosmopolitan city, or three days on the beach.  Smiley Happy

Marien, Smiley Happy Boston could be the answer to both......historic, cosmopolitan city and the beach.  

wonderfulworld, enjoy either location. Smiley Happy

****I wouldn't describe Boston as a beach destination, in the same way as I wouldn't describe Fort Lauderdale as a historic, cosmopolitan city.  They are both nice places, but very different.  Yes, I know you can find a beach near Boston, but you know what I mean when I say it's not exactly the same thing.  Smiley Happy   And she's only got three days, as someone else wrote, kind of tight in terms of fitting in the Cape or Nantucket, etc.  Smiley Happy

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Respected Contributor

I'm casting another vote for Boston.  It is a great city.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Esteemed Contributor

Boston is wonderful, so is the beach. That is a hard one!  You really cannot lose.

Honored Contributor

So funny-- before I even opened your thread and saw your options, I thought... Boston! I've been there in September, and that's their nicest month weather-wise, IMO. I love that city, and go there every year. The Public Garden is a bucolic paradise in the middle of the city. You can sit there for hours, relaxing and watching the swan boats. There's great history and culture, and shopping too. I recommend staying in the Back Bay or Long Wharf area, but almost everything is walkable.

Ft. Lauderdale is a great place too, but I'd enjoy that more as a winter getaway.

Please let us know what you decide!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Trusted Contributor

Absolutely Boston!
Respected Contributor

Boston. the weather can be hot hazy humid or downpouring rain, or nice and dry, but the mantra is "If You Don't  Like the Weather, Wait a Minute"

Boston has come a long way since the old days when the happening spots were Lucifer's , Bunratty's and Avalon . Now we have The Improper Bostonian to guide you:

online its just   improper.com  restaurants, events and more

Respected Contributor

Trust me, a native Floridian, Florida is humid as he double hockey sticks!