Regular Contributor

Re: If you had 3 nights in mid Sept. for a getaway..would you fly to Boston or Ft. Lauderdale?

Boston for sure.  I love it, plus you can take a day trip to Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard which are wonderful - and you can get your beach time in if you want.  No hot sweltering Florida for me.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Trusted Contributor

Re: If you had 3 nights in mid Sept. for a getaway..would you fly to Boston or Ft. Lauderdale?

On the other hand, since everyone said Boston, Ft. Lauderdale is lovely and is right on the water.  I did clip this from the blurb about it:  Once the site of raucous spring break parties, the Strip is now lined in upscale outdoor restaurants, bars, boutiques and luxury hotels.  The weather will be warm and humid but there are lots of beautiful plants and colors and its a lovely place.  If you love sand, sun, beaches and the above kind of entertainment, you may love FL as well. 

Honored Contributor

In September, I'd choose Boston. In cooler months, I'd choose Florida, but maybe not Ft. Lauderdale. I'd go to the Keys. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Boston

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

I would pick Boston, but I would also take into consideration the travel time.  I would never spend a whole day traveling for a 3-day vacation.

Honored Contributor

OMG, Ft. Lauderdale!!!  Most of the tourist would be gone and you would have the beach to yourself, plus I love, love, love the beach!

Been to the Boston area once, and that was enough for me!

Esteemed Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

I would pick Boston, but I would also take into consideration the travel time.  I would never spend a whole day traveling for a 3-day vacation.

Yeah. Those of us on the West Coast would have that issue, but we were only given the two choices that take us thousands of miles from home. I'd probably head for Santa Barbara on the West Coast.

Respected Contributor

Boston would be nice in the fall, but you could probably get a good deal on a resort in Ft Lauderdale at that tine, too.  Weather is a consideration, but that could be an issue in either place.  It depends on what you're in the mood for...three days in a historic cosmopolitan city, or three days on the beach.  Smiley Happy

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Marienkaefer2 wrote:

Boston would be nice in the fall, but you could probably get a good deal on a resort in Ft Lauderdale at that tine, too.  Weather is a consideration, but that could be an issue in either place.  It depends on what you're in the mood for...three days in a historic cosmopolitan city, or three days on the beach.  Smiley Happy

Marien, Smiley Happy Boston could be the answer to both......historic, cosmopolitan city and the beach.  

wonderfulworld, enjoy either location. Smiley Happy

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Respected Contributor

I vote for Boston too! I've visited Boston in September and (provided it doesn't rain) it's beautiful that time of year.