Esteemed Contributor

Re: If you got a chance to travel to anywhere, what would you like to see?

@Trix wrote:

It definitely would not be a beach for me.  I like the Canadian Rockies. Northern Europe (Norway, Sweden, Finland, and Russia) are places I would like to tour.  The food isn't the most interesting, but the landscape can be beautiful.  I suppose I'm confessing to be a mountain girl who prefers a chillier climate Woman Very Happy.

@Trix- I've been to Norway, Sweden and Denmark, in 2014.  The cuisine is wonderful....Rene Redzepi's Noma is in Copenhagen and he has influenced the cuisine in all of Scandinavia....the food is quite different and a large selection of different ethnic foods are represented.  Redzepi brought the concept of foraging to the area.  I didn't have a bad meal there and if you like fish, it's outstanding and the landscaping is beautiful, especially Norway plus the countries are all spotless. A beautiful part of the world.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Africa, the southern part of the continent. 

@SilleeMee- love your aviator, Dali? 

Respected Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

We love to travel.  I would love to see the Pacific Northeest.  That's one region we've never been to.   Or a ranch in Wyoming - something like that 

We only travel within the United States.  

If you come to the PNW, you should branch off into Canada to see Victoria--bet you'd love it.

Canada is beautiful.  I've been there several times - not Victoria though.

Esteemed Contributor

My DH and I have been working on our bucket since my retirement and we've traveled all our lives; we needed time to visit some places due to the distances/air time ....so the list is  almost complete.  I have three destinations left ....I've always wanted to go to Israel but was worried about terrorism but if you live and think that way, their goal is achieved and it can happen anywhere.  So in Sept., we will be going there and to Greece, Greek Isles, and Malta.   Japan is next and the Maldives....

Honored Contributor

Actually, I could travel anywhere, but I'd have to do it without my dear husband so it wouldn't be fun.  That said, we traveled all over Europe with our daughters fro 29 days several years ago.  My favorite place was Stratford-upon-Avon (Shakespear's birthplace).  It is like a fairytale.  

This summer my oldest daughter and her family went to Europe.  She specifically went there because she knows how much I love it there.  She had tea and did all of the things we did while there.  She sent me tons of pictures back.  So now when I talk about it my grandchildren join in and talk about what a 'magical' place it is.

Other than that (and not as exotic?) is the city of Denver.  My youngest daughter lives there.  I've visited and I must say, I love the city and the young people who live there.  It is a city filled with young(er) people.  I love the fact that they get close to 300 days a year of sun.  I love the sun but not in the hot summer!  Ha!

Honored Contributor

When I was younger I wanted to see everything -- especially Italy, England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland.

Now I assume I'll never get around to it.

I'm more interested in seeing states I haven't yet visited -- especially Alaska and Wyoming.

And if I could just pick up and take off right now?

Australia

New Zealand

Tasmania

I want to be one with the wombats.

wombat

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Italy, Canada, Alaska and Peru, Bolivia and Brazil!

Honored Contributor

There is no place I *crave* to see.  We've pretty much been everywhere we wanted to go.

I still travel a lot up and down the east coast just to see my family.

I guess my wish would be to get to my Long Island family without having to travel the Belt Parkway.  So that goes both way, flying and driving.

Just plop me down on their doorstep with all the clothes, makeup, presents, and goodies I need without having to pack them.

Honored Contributor

@Stray,

Thanks for loving my avatar.Woman Happy It's just a pic I found on google. No special meaning other than I love it, too.

BTW, I love elephants! Where are your avatar elephants from?

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee-I think I saw your avatar in the Dali museum in Figueras Spain.  I love elephants too.  I took that picture when I was on Safari in 2014.  There was a baby elephant 6 months of age but was hidden by the larger beauties; they are so protective of the young; beautiful creatures.